Coral Snakes and Cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coral Snakes and Cats

Boy I love my barn cats. This particular cat is the runt and wants to show off I think. She was bit in the face by a copperhead when she was 6 months old too. (That snake is also dead)

I went outside to watch the storm come in last night and she was off the porch keeping this guy in the corner for me until I got there.
    Attached Files

Good snake!!
    And good kitty

Comment

Would love to see one in the wild.
      One of the few snakes I've never caught.

Comment

Awesome!
        Turkeys chased mine off and coyotes I think got her before the freeze. She’d bring me corals too. Im shopping the local shelter for a mature dog friendly feline coconspirator...rats have moved in.

Comment

Reminds me, of my first wife.......................
          Beautiful.....but deadly............

Comment

Originally posted by Thorcules View Post
            She was bit in the face by a copperhead when she was 6 months old too. (That snake is also dead)
            This reminds me of a Chuck Norris joke. She was bit by a poisonous snake, and after three days of agonizing pain. . .the snake died.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorcules View Post
              Boy I love my barn cats. This particular cat is the runt and wants to show off I think. She was bit in the face by a copperhead when she was 6 months old too. (That snake is also dead)

I went outside to watch the storm come in last night and she was off the porch keeping this guy in the corner for me until I got there.

so, red touch yella, dead fella, red touch black friend of jack?

Comment

I have never seen one in the wild. My Dad said he used to kill them when he was a kid living on the small Family farm. I am okay with snakes. However, I am still thinking of spraying my house after reading the Brown Recluse thread.

Comment

the Brown Recluse, is dang sure nothing to mess with, I pay a pest guy to come out every couple of months and in between service i see something that makes me go "EEEEEE"

Comment

Red on yella kill a fella, red on black never look back:-)

My cat has brought 2 up in the last month but we let them go! They are very docile! ( and he also has been bitten in his face by a copperhead!
                    Last edited by Bucknaked; 04-29-2021, 12:44 PM. Reason: A

Comment

I've killed two corals on my place in fannett in 7 years. Kill a moccasin or two every year. I've never seen a copperhead on our property, but that's all my uncle kills at his place in nome 20 miles away.

Comment

Had a huge one on one of my trails I cam across while hiking my property. Only the second one I have ever seen and this one let me walk right up on him, very docile. Stretched straight he was easily 2ft. He finally just went on his way, glad to have such a rare critter on my place. We also have Gopher Tortoises which are really awesome along with tons of box turtles. Copperheads and Moccasins that get up around the house are dispatched as I have small children. Normally I like to leave a snake be.

Comment

what is a corral snake going to hurt being around?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                            so, red touch yella, dead fella, red touch black friend of jack?
                            I changed it more to my liking.

Red on yella, kill that fella. Red on black, he dead too Jack!!!

I dont like snakes!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              what is a corral snake going to hurt being around?
                              Nothing, and the chance of him getting venom in you even if he did bite you are pretty slim.
                              They are not fanged like most venomous snakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X