Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2021, 05:56 PM   #51
EZ-10RANCH
Ten Point
 
EZ-10RANCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Granbury Texas
Hunt In: Irion, Kimble & Fayette counties
Default

I have degenerative disk disease and have had two major surgeries that were a must. I then started to have more lower back issues that seriously aggravated my nerves. I’m on the road nonstop and that increased my issues so I decided to go see a chiropractor for an adjustment. After a couple adjustments, I felt great and now go in for the occasional adjustment. Just my experience and I suggest it to friends and customers all the time who have similar issues.
EZ-10RANCH is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 06:23 PM   #52
J-5
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Hunt In: To the wind
Default

I’ve been to only one. I put it off for years until I couldn’t sleep with back, neck, and shoulder pain. In 4 visits I felt 20yrs younger again. I’ve been back for only a twisted rib since. It’s been a year since I’ve gone. As soon as I can get a day off, I could use another adjustment, but I’m still not in nearly as much pain as before I went the first time.

On a related subject, what underlying issues would he be “treating the symptoms and not the problem”? The only problem I see is I use my body to do real work. I may not have nearly the problems if I sat at a desk all day, but I won’t be cooped up like an animal at a desk. I’d rather be out in whatever nature throws at me every day, using my body.
J-5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 06:27 PM   #53
Bluesman
Pope & Young
 
Bluesman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Retired Bowhunter
Default

My experience after serving on a Jury trial that involved testimony from a Chiropractor?
Never hang a shingle saying the word "Doctor". Don't allow patients to address you as "Doctor".
If you have proper credentials, OK.
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 08:42 PM   #54
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young
 
cj7zrcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springtown
Hunt In: Atoka County OK
Default

Depends totally on the chiropractor. Iíve had some that were great; thorough, pressure-sensitive....and others that mustíve thought I was a draft horse in a hurry.
cj7zrcool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 08:53 PM   #55
RyHolub
Six Point
 
RyHolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tomball & Irving
Hunt In: Sonora
Default Do you like chiropractors?

To kind of add my comment after a day of comments I will address everything that stood out to me.

To begin: Doctors of all kinds are only specialists in the field theyíre trained in. While some fields overlap, not always do they understand reasonings. A MD saying I wouldnít do such carries some weight but they also arenít trained to notice certain things or how to fix them without drugs or surgery because itís not in their toolbox. I had the option to go to medical school or chiropractic school and I chose what I did because I canít fall in line with pushing all kids of pills.

Now there are many incompetent chiropractors and some who just plain out suck at adjusting. The doctor should take a detailed history and note what we call are contraindications to adjustments etc. For example, a DC I know had a patient come in with low back pain. She took x-rays and noticed what looked to be metastasis. She referred the patient for an MRI and called his PCP. The PCP blew her off until the MRI report came back. The patient was diagnosed with late stage metastatic prostate cancer and he died two week after coming into the office. Chiropractic school has come very far from where it used to be in the approaches and education.

Now onto adjusting, I have had some chiropractors adjust me and hurt me. It did not sour me on chiros, I just knew they didnít have the skill, art and technique when it comes to adjusting. I was a possible surgical candidate but I also did know what kind of surgeon was on the other end of the scalpel and just like any other profession in the world, there are good and bad ones. My school is one that teaches on evidence based practice and unlike with drugs, it is more difficult to do trials. You can give a placebo drug but it is much more difficult to give a placebo or sham adjustment.

Fast forward to last year, I attended an adjusting seminar a doctor put on out of school and now I am that doctors patient. I wholeheartedly consider him the best doctor in the world. This doctor has taught his technique on 5-6 different continents, studied many different techniques from old english bone, studying in Germany for 5 years and many other places to formulate his own technique. When he took my x rays he said he could get me back to good mechanical condition with 8-12 visits. He did it in 6. Out of 10 DCs, I have never responded to adjustments as well as I did his. Now I only return every 2 weeks for a tune up. And I have learned his technique to a T. Instead of doing a typical spine adjustment, I was taught to adjust everything from head to toe including shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees and feet. The nervous system is affected by everything and it has worked on me and for countless of others around the world from Sumo wrestlers to children.

Before I was more educated, I was naive going to who I thought was a good chiropractor (it was free to me) and my mother did the lump sum payment for 50-60 visits. She is no better than she was before and now only lets me adjust her. I was in the same boat as her, I went 2-3 times a week and over the course of months I was never any better and my cervical spine was still straight as a pencil.

In this forum, there may be some patients who have died but if you do the research, not many people died from chiropractic care. Typically, underlying conditions that are not seen or paid attention can result in fatality. Thereís a reason that chiropractic malpractice insurance is as low as it is.

Thank you all for you comments/ opinions from outside my circle. Just curious on others thoughts and experiences. Those of you who have had great experiences, Iím glad to hear it! I truly believe chiropractic is more than just pain relief as it has helped me live a healthier life. To those of you who havenít, Iím sorry you had a bad experience or ended up in more pain.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by RyHolub; 04-21-2021 at 08:58 PM.
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 08:55 PM   #56
RyHolub
Six Point
 
RyHolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tomball & Irving
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
My experience after serving on a Jury trial that involved testimony from a Chiropractor?
Never hang a shingle saying the word "Doctor". Don't allow patients to address you as "Doctor".
If you have proper credentials, OK.

What in turn would someone with a doctorate degree be called? There are all kinds of doctors. Western medicine has only indoctrinated the term ďDoctorĒ for medical practitioners.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 08:57 PM   #57
Rcole1310
Ten Point
 
Rcole1310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Katy,TX
Hunt In: All over
Default

I think they can be helpful for treating SOME back pain. But a lot of them will telling you they can use adjustments to treat diabetes and all kinds of crazy talk. I had one find out that my insurance covered twenty visits, guess how many visits my treatment plan required, 20.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rcole1310 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 09:22 PM   #58
RyHolub
Six Point
 
RyHolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tomball & Irving
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcole1310 View Post
I think they can be helpful for treating SOME back pain. But a lot of them will telling you they can use adjustments to treat diabetes and all kinds of crazy talk. I had one find out that my insurance covered twenty visits, guess how many visits my treatment plan required, 20.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that is a far stretch and I canít stand the doctors that do that just to squeeze out as much money as possible. I just want to help people get better and back to the best health possible. I believe if youíre good to people then good will come back to you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 09:34 PM   #59
Burnadell
Pope & Young
 
Burnadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: White Oak
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

You didn't answer my question, but I assume you are studying traditional chiro. What do you think about the no-force technique and do they teach it where you are.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:04 PM   #60
RyHolub
Six Point
 
RyHolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tomball & Irving
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
You didn't answer my question, but I assume you are studying traditional chiro. What do you think about the no-force technique and do they teach it where you are.

We do study traditional chiropractic manipulations using hands on but are you referring to using a tool/ instrument such as an activator or a tool similar thatís an electric gun looking somewhat like an impact? I believe there are multiple techniques that do not use force. Sorry for not responding to your question, I was shocked with the amount of responses!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:07 PM   #61
bboswell
Pope & Young
 
bboswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery County
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

Love/Hate.

I watched my father refuse back surgery, checked out of hospital and rolled into a chiropractor in a wheel chair. An hour later he walked upright out of there and never needed back surgery in the last 30 years of his life.

I on the other hand have tried 3 or 4 on multiple occasions with absolutely no improvement.
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:13 PM   #62
RyHolub
Six Point
 
RyHolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tomball & Irving
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
Love/Hate.

I watched my father refuse back surgery, checked out of hospital and rolled into a chiropractor in a wheel chair. An hour later he walked upright out of there and never needed back surgery in the last 30 years of his life.

I on the other hand have tried 3 or 4 on multiple occasions with absolutely no improvement.

I have had the same experience. I had to put my mother in the truck during a big thunderstorm as she couldnít walk. He wasnít the best chiropractor and still isnít but she was able to walk out. Me on the other hand, he gets me out of pain for a few days (I could go into the neurology of how it works but I wonít bore you) but he never fixed the problem. It took me 5 years to find the right guy who is now my teacher/mentor to educate me on how to fix the problem and to keep people from having to sign up for the $3k and 60 visit treatment plan. I canít stand a quack or any doctor who wants to capitalize on peoples pain in suffering.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:30 PM   #63
Hoyt Man
Ten Point
 
Hoyt Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rock Island TX
Hunt In: Colorado County
Default

I like the chiropractor that I go to, but I hate that if I don’t go for a few months he charges me a assessment fee when I come back. I go with the same problem every time and he performs the same treatment every time, it’s just $80 more for the assessment.
Hoyt Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:38 PM   #64
Burnadell
Pope & Young
 
Burnadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: White Oak
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyHolub View Post
We do study traditional chiropractic manipulations using hands on but are you referring to using a tool/ instrument such as an activator or a tool similar thatís an electric gun looking somewhat like an impact? I believe there are multiple techniques that do not use force. Sorry for not responding to your question, I was shocked with the amount of responses!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No electric stimulation at all. Simply uses a dowel? to help move the vertebrae back into alignment...I think that is what is does.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:49 PM   #65
RyHolub
Six Point
 
RyHolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tomball & Irving
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Man View Post
I like the chiropractor that I go to, but I hate that if I donít go for a few months he charges me a assessment fee when I come back. I go with the same problem every time and he performs the same treatment every time, itís just $80 more for the assessment.

I canít speak for other doctors, I would guess that the assessment is due to people experiencing trauma and not telling the doc so they continue to treat as they have done. Yet, it can do more harm than good if significant trauma has took place. Iím not sure how long the assessment takes and what it all entails for the extra $80.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:58 PM   #66
Burnadell
Pope & Young
 
Burnadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: White Oak
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

Rylan, does the chiro school preach x-rays before doing any adjustments?
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:01 PM   #67
bboswell
Pope & Young
 
bboswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery County
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Man View Post
I like the chiropractor that I go to, but I hate that if I donít go for a few months he charges me a assessment fee when I come back. I go with the same problem every time and he performs the same treatment every time, itís just $80 more for the assessment.


him. Find another
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:27 PM   #68
RyHolub
Six Point
 
RyHolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tomball & Irving
Hunt In: Sonora
Default Do you like chiropractors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Rylan, does the chiro school preach x-rays before doing any adjustments?

Yes and no. We take 4 radiology classes. The basics about radiology, the land marks and measurements, pathologies such as tumors/arthritis etc and I havenít gotten to the 4th class yet. Of course the Chiropractic radiologists encourage you to X-ray and other doctors may say when they do. When we get to clinic/ residency, they only allow imaging if there is a history of trauma/fracture, pathology or something else. The clinics have a set list of indications for each area of the spine and extremities patients have to present with before imaging takes place. On the other hand, my out of school teacher takes x rays on every patient given theyíre not pregnant etc. In school youíre mostly taught the information and somewhat how to adjust. You/ I as the future doctor has to take it upon yourself to learn how to be a good adjuster/doctor/practitioner on outside of school.

Does that answer the question?

Edit: some doctors may do light adjustments but typically most I have associated with wait until they take a detailed history/ x-rays and do a report of findings with the patient before proceeding with care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 09:00 AM   #69
stickemhard3
Ten Point
 
stickemhard3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Waverly
Hunt In: Mont. County and Anderson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Man View Post
I like the chiropractor that I go to, but I hate that if I donít go for a few months he charges me a assessment fee when I come back. I go with the same problem every time and he performs the same treatment every time, itís just $80 more for the assessment.
This is a money grab and you should call him out on it. If he argues, tell him congrats on losing a loyal customer.
stickemhard3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 10:04 AM   #70
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor
 
Cajun Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SW Louisiana
Hunt In: public & pvt land
Default

After my HS football games, I would go get adjusted on Saturday mornings. As I got older, I continued with chiro treatment (adjustments) as need for low back and SI joint pain. Haven't needed any adjustments in 20 years. I've had great experiences based on my limited , short-term treatment. My cousin is a chiropractor in NOLA. I seriously considered attending LIFE (Atlanta) or Parker (Dallas) to be a DC but chose to be a counselor. Regardless of profession, it's important to research your treating medical professional and find one that you're comfortable with. Some have great bedside manner, other doctors can be pricks .... no different than attorneys, bosses, waiters, roofers, contractors, salesman, dentists, pool builders, etc ....
Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 10:06 AM   #71
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

I've had one experience, and it was great.

We were 6 days out from a Disney World vacation when my back went out. I was literally crawling around the house. Crawled my way into a random Chiro near the house and was 100% better within a day or so. No issues walking several miles at Disney. Haven't been back since.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 12:52 PM   #72
Shurshot
Ten Point
 
Shurshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Frio/Zavala county
Default

I have limited experience with a chiropractor. I have been 3 times, all after I was in an accident and hurt my back. It defiantly helped and fixed the issue. It felt really good to go and really loosened up my back, but I feel that it is something that once people go to they feel the need to keep going. Could be wrong but that's my thought. The can do a lot of good and are not all quacks, but I believe some are.

Good luck on your profession!
Shurshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 01:15 PM   #73
FamousAmos
Ten Point
 
FamousAmos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burleson
Hunt In: Mason and Menard
Default

I had an adjustment followed by 30 minutes of acupuncture Tuesday evening. My problem is stress and the accompanying neck and shoulder pain. My chiropractor helps.
FamousAmos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 01:25 PM   #74
coonazz
Ten Point
 
coonazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rockwall, TX
Hunt In: TX, LA, WY, CO, NM, AK, & Canada
Default

Worth a watch.

coonazz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 01:41 PM   #75
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown Texas
Default

I have pretty severe scoliosis. I go often. But haven’t needed it in months. My back easily gets tweaked. I’m hard headed and push through it till I can’t stand the pain anymore. A GOOD chiropractor is worth their weight in gold.

It’s pretty funny that my chiropractor is a little woman. You should see he’d trying to adjust my back haha
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 01:58 PM   #76
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

The best part about a Chiropractor is the massage.

I used to go as a kid for scoliosis. I didnít mind the ďadjustmentsĒ but I havenít been as an adult. Now that I am able think logically as an adult, I canít understand exactly what they do other than pop your back and neck. What are they actually doing to relieve or correct issues?

OP seems like this is a question that should have been asked before going to school to get into the field.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 05:52 PM   #77
RyHolub
Six Point
 
RyHolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tomball & Irving
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
The best part about a Chiropractor is the massage.

I used to go as a kid for scoliosis. I didnít mind the ďadjustmentsĒ but I havenít been as an adult. Now that I am able think logically as an adult, I canít understand exactly what they do other than pop your back and neck. What are they actually doing to relieve or correct issues?

OP seems like this is a question that should have been asked before going to school to get into the field.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know the reason for it all. I just wanted outside opinion/experiences with chiropractic outside of my circle.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 05:56 PM   #78
AZ&F'sDaddy
Ten Point
 
AZ&F'sDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Midland, TX
Default

There are scientific studies demonstrating that chiropractics can be an effective, legitimate treatment for back pain. I believe in the scientific process.
That being said, I don't think chiropractics cures cancer.
AZ&F'sDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 06:04 PM   #79
AZ&F'sDaddy
Ten Point
 
AZ&F'sDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Midland, TX
Default

Massage therapy also works for back pain.
AZ&F'sDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 06:20 PM   #80
doghouse
Pope & Young
 
doghouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Goldthwaite
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

My nephew is a chiropractor and he stays very busy with all the older folks that live in Goldthwaite. I have muscle spasms in my back from time to time and he is excellent at stopping these.
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 07:57 PM   #81
Burnadell
Pope & Young
 
Burnadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: White Oak
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyHolub View Post
Yes and no. We take 4 radiology classes. The basics about radiology, the land marks and measurements, pathologies such as tumors/arthritis etc and I havenít gotten to the 4th class yet. Of course the Chiropractic radiologists encourage you to X-ray and other doctors may say when they do. When we get to clinic/ residency, they only allow imaging if there is a history of trauma/fracture, pathology or something else. The clinics have a set list of indications for each area of the spine and extremities patients have to present with before imaging takes place. On the other hand, my out of school teacher takes x rays on every patient given theyíre not pregnant etc. In school youíre mostly taught the information and somewhat how to adjust. You/ I as the future doctor has to take it upon yourself to learn how to be a good adjuster/doctor/practitioner on outside of school.

Does that answer the question?

Edit: some doctors may do light adjustments but typically most I have associated with wait until they take a detailed history/ x-rays and do a report of findings with the patient before proceeding with care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I asked because I have had adjustments for lower back pain. My Chiro who got eaten by a shark was the only one who x-rayed me first. The others NEVER x-rayed me, and I wondered..."what if my pain was caused by a broken vertebrate"? They could do serious injury adjusting a spine that is broken. How do they know before they start cracking??? That is one reason I ike my non-force technique guy.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 08:32 PM   #82
Hoyt Man
Ten Point
 
Hoyt Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rock Island TX
Hunt In: Colorado County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyHolub View Post
I canít speak for other doctors, I would guess that the assessment is due to people experiencing trauma and not telling the doc so they continue to treat as they have done. Yet, it can do more harm than good if significant trauma has took place. Iím not sure how long the assessment takes and what it all entails for the extra $80.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get what your saying and I agree with that. But in my situation he comes in the room and ask me if Iím still having the same problems and if I did anything different to cause pain. After that 45 second talk he aligns my back and pops my hip and sends in a girl to massage me. A full treatment with assessment and massage is 20mins. Yes I feel good when I leave but I just feel itís a bit much paying $80 for the assessment and $40 for the treatment. And yet I still go 😊
Hoyt Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 08:34 PM   #83
Truckman
Six Point
 
Truckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Odessa Texas
Hunt In: Menard, Sonora, New Mexico , Kansas
Default

Love mine, he’s a heal clicker and soft touch. He is amazing
Truckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 09:30 PM   #84
RyHolub
Six Point
 
RyHolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tomball & Irving
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
There are scientific studies demonstrating that chiropractics can be an effective, legitimate treatment for back pain. I believe in the scientific process.
That being said, I don't think chiropractics cures cancer.

I agree 100%. Chiropractic doesnít cure a thing. But I fully believe it lets your nervous system which controls everything, function optimally.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 09:35 PM   #85
RyHolub
Six Point
 
RyHolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tomball & Irving
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
I asked because I have had adjustments for lower back pain. My Chiro who got eaten by a shark was the only one who x-rayed me first. The others NEVER x-rayed me, and I wondered..."what if my pain was caused by a broken vertebrate"? They could do serious injury adjusting a spine that is broken. How do they know before they start cracking??? That is one reason I ike my non-force technique guy.

Well as Iíve mentioned before I canít speak for other docs BUT the only logical way I could think of is through the history they take, they make the decision if it is necessary to irradiate a patient. I personally plan to x-ray 99% of my patients. But on the other hand, some doctors may not just because they donít for whatever reason unless....? I think the non-force technique is something great and useful for a variety of patients but the key is for the doc to use whatever adjustments and techniques that best suit the patients comfort, biomechanics and so on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 09:38 PM   #86
RyHolub
Six Point
 
RyHolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tomball & Irving
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Man View Post
I get what your saying and I agree with that. But in my situation he comes in the room and ask me if Iím still having the same problems and if I did anything different to cause pain. After that 45 second talk he aligns my back and pops my hip and sends in a girl to massage me. A full treatment with assessment and massage is 20mins. Yes I feel good when I leave but I just feel itís a bit much paying $80 for the assessment and $40 for the treatment. And yet I still go

I gotcha. IMHO that sounds a little shady and a money grab. But who knows why people do what they do. Iíve pondered that a good while and still end up with the same answer ďI donít knowĒ. If heís worth the money to you, GREAT! But I believe that if you do not have a good connection with your doc then your progress and healing suffers as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 08:23 AM   #87
IOWA BOW HUNTER
Ten Point
 
IOWA BOW HUNTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iowa, South Dakota, and Nebraska
Hunt In: All over the place
Default

Doctors arnt big fans of them (I know because my grandpa, uncle, and aunt are doctors), but I do think some of them can work and with time main stream medicine will become more accepting of it. It doesnt help the man that created the whole concept of hand medicine was a liar and cheated people out of money. I think that really left a bad taste in most "medical professionals" mouths. However I hate to repeate myself but I really think it has changed and there is some benifits to using them. My dad went in for 5 weeks and swears it helped. My bestfriends is in Kansas City with 2 years left untill he is done with his school and is liscenced. Tough market up here in the midwest because there are still a bunch of old school doctors lol.

I think there would be some real benfit if doctors, PT and chiropratocers could get along.

Good luck!

Last edited by IOWA BOW HUNTER; 04-23-2021 at 08:26 AM.
IOWA BOW HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 09:20 AM   #88
Tcooper93
Ten Point
 
Tcooper93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Shackelford County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonazz View Post
^^^ This ^^^
Don't believe in them at all but do not fault people using "chiropractic medicine" practitioners for symptom relief. As others have said, it seems that massage is a big part of the pain relief.
Tcooper93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 09:27 AM   #89
cva34
Ten Point
 
cva34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: van vleck
Hunt In: LOOKING
Default

Been on earth 75y...never had the pleasure of (bone crusher) so i'm in the neutral zone
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 09:53 AM   #90
RyHolub
Six Point
 
RyHolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tomball & Irving
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA BOW HUNTER View Post
Doctors arnt big fans of them (I know because my grandpa, uncle, and aunt are doctors), but I do think some of them can work and with time main stream medicine will become more accepting of it. It doesnt help the man that created the whole concept of hand medicine was a liar and cheated people out of money. I think that really left a bad taste in most "medical professionals" mouths. However I hate to repeate myself but I really think it has changed and there is some benifits to using them. My dad went in for 5 weeks and swears it helped. My bestfriends is in Kansas City with 2 years left untill he is done with his school and is liscenced. Tough market up here in the midwest because there are still a bunch of old school doctors lol.

I think there would be some real benfit if doctors, PT and chiropratocers could get along.

Good luck!

I 100% agree with you. If all medical professionals could work together, I think the country could be healthier. I began going to a chiropractor at the age of 13 and began going full time around 17 years old. Now I am 22 and see mine for a tune up every 2-3 weeks given I donít have a fall or something as traumatic. Old school MDs definitely had a distaste for chiropractors but I agree I think the profession has made a change in direction for the better. I myself cannot fathom some of the claims all kinds of doctors make including chiros who think they can cure said disease. I too have 2 years left of school and I only believe in it because Iíve seen it work first hand on myself and a multitude of other patients.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 10:23 AM   #91
Hooverfb
Ten Point
 
Hooverfb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

A good ones worth their weight in gold. Problem is theres a ton that suck. Should also be showing patient how to self-care if possible. Biggest thing for me that I needed was fascia work on my achilles that I just cant do myself.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 03:09 PM   #92
Creedmore
Eight Point
 
Creedmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cedar Hill
Hunt In: Val Verde County
Default

I thought they were all a bunch of quacks and snake oil salesmen.

UNTIL I partially slipped a disk between L4/L5 back in 2016. Pain killers and muscle relaxers couldn't touch it. I used to think folks complaining about back pain were just wimps. But that was the most excruciating pain (sciatica) I've ever experienced.

I was recommended a chiro from one of my shooting buddies and it took about 3 months of TENS therapy and spinal decompression before I was back to normal.
Creedmore is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 03:29 PM   #93
Deadfall65
Eight Point
 
Deadfall65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Forney TX
Hunt In: Iím looking
Default Do you like chiropractors?

I guess I should give it another try. I went to one 2 days a week for a month several years ago and every time I left I felt worse than when I went in.
I figured theyíre all the same so havenít tried another.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deadfall65 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 03:29 PM   #94
hot_rod_eddie
Ten Point
 
hot_rod_eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: North Carolina
Hunt In: NC, SC
Default

I recommend them to everyone I know. I have been to 6 over the years mainly due to moving around and a little bit because I like some more than others. My current one has helped my wife a ton on migraines, sinuses, and neck problems. I used to go every now and then just for a tune up. Then I started having panic attacks and was reading about the vagus nerve. I asked him about it and he knew all about it. Gave me special acupuncture and I noticed a significant difference!
hot_rod_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 03:35 PM   #95
LAW
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Salado
Hunt In: Salado,Junction,Mullin
Default

Been going for lower back issues for years will continue
LAW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 03:45 PM   #96
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Does the name Alan Harper ring a bell? Asking for a friend.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 04:16 PM   #97
Native Texan
Ten Point
 
Native Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The Great State of Texas
Hunt In: Polk County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyHolub View Post
I too have 2 years left of school and I only believe in it because Iíve seen it work first hand on myself and a multitude of other patients.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The best Chiropractors I have known never finished school...the kept learning even after they graduated from college. The ones that were just OK seemed like they didn't continue their studies after they got their diploma.

The Chiropractor I go to now is close to 70, but says he can't retire yet because he has over 3000 patients who depend on him. His son graduated from chiro college last year, and he sometimes watches as his Dad works on me. Seems like every time he says "They didn't teach us that in college". I'm glad his son is learning from him and can step into his shoes when his Dad retires.
Native Texan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 04:19 PM   #98
RyHolub
Six Point
 
RyHolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tomball & Irving
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Texan View Post
The best Chiropractors I have known never finished school...the kept learning even after they graduated from college. The ones that were just OK seemed like they didn't continue their studies after they got their diploma.

The Chiropractor I go to now is close to 70, but says he can't retire yet because he has over 3000 patients who depend on him. His son graduated from chiro college last year, and he sometimes watches as his Dad works on me. Seems like every time he says "They didn't teach us that in college". I'm glad his son is learning from him and can step into his shoes when his Dad retires.


Yessir. You learn what you have to to pass boards but everything to help patients is learned hands on and outside of school. Everything Iíve ever used Iíve learned outside of school.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 04:48 PM   #99
cwill
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bellville Tx
Hunt In: Burnet County
Default

I think they have their place, but some sure can be out there with their thoughts and techniques. I'm not a fan based on several things I've witnessed. My big hang up is that many chiros don't address the root of the problem and just treat the symptoms. When that happens their patients are stuck in a vicious cycle and have to keep returning. I know this isn't the case 100% of the time, but it happens more than it should in my opinion. I guess that's job security though.
cwill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 05:06 PM   #100
DS_1974
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: College Station
Default

I don’t particularly “like” chiropractors, but Dr Andy Thomas at Village Chiropractic is definitely who I would go to if I need to see one. He’s also a green screen member and a first class guy.
DS_1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com