Climbing Sticks Are Out Of Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climbing Sticks Are Out Of Control

The prices for a good set of climbing sticks with ideal features is extremely high, and they’ll continue to be high so long as people are willing to pay outrageous prices for them.

Here’s a set that won’t break the bank:

They are a vital part of my hunting style. I prefer the original lone wolf and have a thread on all my modifications to fit my needs better. I like the double step features of some,.. but not the weight and packaging. The latest concept of cutting shorter and adding Nader, aiders and alligators makes me scratch my head. A lot of work and acrobatic nonsense to achieve the same as the standard stick to save 1/4 pound

Gaffs or hooks is also a great option of you are able to

Comment

2x4’s and nails maybe

Comment

Being able to go up or down a tree absolutely silent with deer inside 50 yards is a game changer. So squeak and pop Nada
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          They are a vital part of my hunting style. I prefer the original lone wolf and have a thread on all my modifications to fit my needs better. I like the double step features of some,.. but not the weight and packaging. The latest concept of cutting shorter and adding Nader, aiders and alligators makes me scratch my head. A lot of work and acrobatic nonsense to achieve the same as the standard stick to save 1/4 pound

Share the link please

Comment

Build your own if your able. That’s what I did years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
              Share the link please
              I bumped it up in diy. I don’t know how to post links. Lol

I pack them much differently now. 2 titan straps. 2 sticks per side. Stand and sticks are very flat and compact this way

Comment

For the money the Hawks are hard to beat if you want steps on both sides.

Comment

Only pic I had on phone. The gear ties on “spine” are for my jacket or clothes for long walks The muddy and hawks just won’t pack a way I like.

Look at Tethered ONE sticks! Titanium!!!!....
                  Attached Files

Comment

You’re absolutely right - to a certain extent some of the options and ideas out there make for good videos, and look impressive on YouTube. I think practically, and from a safety aspect some people push the envelope too far.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                      For the money the Hawks are hard to beat if you want steps on both sides.
                      I had a set of those and I thought they were a decent option as well

Comment

I don’t do single step sticks.
                        I’m currently running a heavily modified set of Hawk helium sticks (from back before hawk bought the extrusion rights).

I am going to give one sticking another go. I wasn’t much of a fan a few years ago when I tried it, but have seen a couple different methods that may work for me.

If I don’t like the one sticking, I will suck it up and buy a set of 4 Tethrd sticks or timber ninjas. Considering that once I buy a set, I don’t have to buy anymore, I can justify the cost. I’m not paying lease fees, corn bills, didn’t buy a camper... what’s a single purchase of really good sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sticks have come a long way since I built my own. They were heavy but solid as a rock.

Comment

I agree 100%. For the weight and ease of packing my lone wolfs, I can’t imagine trying to jack around with aiders for the shorter sticks. Let alone “one stickin” it. I’ve gone up so many trees with my wolfs, i really don’t even notice I don’t have the “dual steps”. I’m not in that bad of shape. If you’re getting fatigued on one leg trying to set a stand, you probably need to get to hiking more often or learn to hang your stand quicker.

Comment

I put an aider on my bottom step this year and they are a pain in the *** to get a boot in it. I can't imagine these guys that are running multi stepped aiders.

Comment

Working...
                              X