Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-21-2021, 09:58 AM   #7101
ultrastealth
Ten Point

Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX

Need a rally.
ultrastealth is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 10:02 AM   #7102
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar and Dickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Looks like China said this morning (again) they want to crackdown hard on crypto trading and mining.
Looks like a good time to buy
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 10:05 AM   #7103
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

My Fidelity ETF portfolio is up over 54% for the year, and it sure is a lot easier to get in to and manage than this crypto bull****. LOL
Etxbuckman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 10:21 AM   #7104
BrianL
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxbuckman View Post
My Fidelity ETF portfolio is up over 54% for the year, and it sure is a lot easier to get in to and manage than this crypto bull****. LOL
But were is the fun in that
Old 05-21-2021, 10:22 AM   #7105
Tin Cup
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Looks like China said this morning (again) they want to crackdown hard on crypto trading and mining.
This translates to XRP...When it jumps to 1000-2000-10000-30000

you all will wish you would've listened, some have here..
Tin Cup is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #7106
Tin Cup
Banned!!!

Quote:
99% of crypto is a gamble...but theirs one company that is more than an investment, more like multi generational wealth
Old 05-21-2021, 10:49 AM   #7107
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Cup View Post
99% of crypto is a gamble...but theirs one company that is more than an investment, more like multi generational wealth
I want to believe that, I think we all do, but literally the only thing driving the prices of these are speculators. There is no intrinsic value in them whatsoever.

If I'm wrong, by all means enlighten me. I would truly like to know.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:08 AM   #7108
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
This translates to XRP...When it jumps to 1000-2000-10000-30000

you all will wish you would've listened, some have here..
LOL Better odds of Trump getting into the Whitehouse this summer. Or one of your "other" predictions coming true.

You own 120k coins so you think one day they'll be worth 120,000,000 to start and then up to 3,600,000,000 ?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 11:15 AM   #7109
TonyP
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...eported-to-irs

Was a matter of time, banks/government wont roll over that easily.
One thing to note on this, it is for the exchanges and their simpler apps to report. Once you are your own custodian, utilizing a Ledger or the like, you won't have to worry about this
TonyP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 11:27 AM   #7110
Kevin
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin and Argentina, Zambia, Kyrgyzstan

Quote:
I want to believe that, I think we all do, but literally the only thing driving the prices of these are speculators. There is no intrinsic value in them whatsoever.

Are you talking about Crypto in general? Or blockchain? Or all these ****coins?
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 11:29 AM   #7111
Tin Cup
Banned!!!

Quote:

The fundamentals of banking are about to flip completely

If that peaks your interest PM me
Old 05-21-2021, 11:29 AM   #7112
Kevin
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...eported-to-irs

Was a matter of time, banks/government wont roll over that easily.
There has to be a reckoning in the courts over this. They want to tax like a property and like a currency. You can't have both, but they are trying like hell.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:30 AM   #7113
rladner
Pope & Young

Quote:
Honest question. I own some XRP so if what you say is true, good for me, but I'm skeptical of the huge increase you talk about due to the fact that the market cap would be so extremely high. Do you really think it would reach $100 Trillion? Its just a ridiculously huge number, which is why I'm skeptical. BTC is not even $1 Trillion.
rladner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 11:31 AM   #7114
Kevin
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
So your 4chan XRP guys believe that the only viable use case for blockchain and cryptoassets going forward will be a centralized global central bank system running on XRP that is controlled by people powerful enough to force all the big banks onto the system, and all the other things running decentralized platforms for smart contracts, NFTs, and everything else will somehow cease to exist because of that?

I know that I'm stupid and all, but that sure seems nonsensical to me.
Oh man you nailed this post!

Old 05-21-2021, 11:33 AM   #7115
Tin Cup
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
Honest question. I own some XRP so if what you say is true, good for me, but I'm skeptical of the huge increase you talk about due to the fact that the market cap would be so extremely high. Do you really think it would reach $100 Trillion? Its just a ridiculously huge number, which is why I'm skeptical. BTC is not even $1 Trillion.
BTC is fueled by the FIAT(coincidence BTC exploded during the pandemic while the CCP economy thrived also?)

gold-silver---->XRP(blockchain/Precious metals/american standard)
Old 05-21-2021, 11:35 AM   #7116
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Are you talking about Crypto in general? Or blockchain? Or all these ****coins?
I honestly don't even know. LOL

Here's my mental block with this, if you will: when you buy stocks you're buying ownership in a company. With crypto there is no company, and there is no ownership of anything other than that "coin".

When you have ownership in a company you're rewarded when they do well and make money, but what are you getting owning crypto?
Old 05-21-2021, 11:35 AM   #7117
Tin Cup
Banned!!!

whats coming if you're on the wrong spectrum you will not like the outcome, those who were in the know will be smiling and laughing at people like Shame....have a good weekend folks
Old 05-21-2021, 11:38 AM   #7118
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Quote:
whats coming if you're on the wrong spectrum you will not like the outcome, those who were in the know will be smiling and laughing at people like Shame....have a good weekend folks
Again I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just trying wrap my head around what crypto is, and what you're getting for your investment.

Further, what differentiates coins like XRP, BTC, etc. from all these .0000000001 coins that are popping up on a daily basis (AstroElon, SafeMoon, etc.).
Old 05-21-2021, 11:43 AM   #7119
Tin Cup
Banned!!!

Quote:
Again I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just trying wrap my head around what crypto is, and what you're getting for your investment.
Ive made a quarter million in the last 3 years off crypto, you can get real money out of it, ive paid off and bought a few things with it...if you follow the right people, right currency, trends you made money...BUT thats all coming to an end and will be regulated

XRP will be a shield for the military(space force) /elections/Universal banking

Crypto is a way to go around the middle man...(think credit card machine fees)

its a way to get your money fast in different countries and the list goes on and on and on what the versatility of crypto can do
Old 05-21-2021, 11:58 AM   #7120
trophy8
Pope & Young

It’s for the space force folks!

Holy ****ing **** I thought I heard it all. Nope! Hahahahahahahaha
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 12:07 PM   #7121
Tin Cup
Banned!!!

Some of you take what i say and run to the other side of the world with it without putting any thought at all in it, but what can you expect from these same trolls, You haven't read anything honestly
Old 05-21-2021, 12:09 PM   #7122
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ive made a quarter million in the last 3 years off crypto, you can get real money out of it, ive paid off and bought a few things with it...if you follow the right people, right currency, trends you made money...BUT thats all coming to an end and will be regulated

XRP will be a shield for the military(space force) /elections/Universal banking

Crypto is a way to go around the middle man...(think credit card machine fees)

its a way to get your money fast in different countries and the list goes on and on and on what the versatility of crypto can do
I'm seriously going to get rid of all my XRP - While I know I have been put on the ignore list by a few. I have never put anyone on there myself. Not sure how much more of the nonsense I can take.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 12:22 PM   #7123
Tin Cup
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
I'm seriously going to get rid of all my XRP - While I know I have been put on the ignore list by a few. I have never put anyone on there myself. Not sure how much more of the nonsense I can take.

Iíll take your xrp if you donít want it
Old 05-21-2021, 12:33 PM   #7124
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy8 View Post
Itís for the space force folks!

Holy ****ing **** I thought I heard it all. Nope! Hahahahahahahaha
If you only had a brain to think. You really should follow these guys who, one day in the future could possibly maybe be correct with something they say... Maybe.

XRP to the MOON!!!! 100 Trillion market cap
Old 05-21-2021, 01:06 PM   #7125
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Quote:
Quantum Space Financing

Read up on it

NESARA, read up on it

if you think its hog wash then leave the conversation

if you think you know what those two things are, then keep reading because you obviously don't
Yes, everyone really should read up on NESARA and QFS as they evaluate your opinions and recommendations.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 03:04 PM   #7126
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Maybe his next username will be XrpQ-QFS
Old 05-21-2021, 03:06 PM   #7127
Shane
Pope & Young

Quote:
Oh man you nailed this post!

Not really. I think I actually missed the boat. I didn't factor in the benevolent spiritual being/aliens that are giving us QFS to bring us into the Galactic Financial System that will lead to NESARA and the demise of the Cabal and Illuminati. Oh, and the great debt reset where they'll cancel everyone's debt too. It all sounds awesome. I just wish I was smart enough to see it coming. Sadly, I'm just too ignorant and short-sighted to see all of that stuff. Maybe one day I'll do better....

Last edited by Shane; 05-21-2021 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-21-2021, 03:24 PM   #7128
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Of all of the crazy things he has said, you gotta admit, it would make for a riveting movie if casted properly and directed well lmao. You would never know what’s coming next haha, let’s get a computer in front of him and let him write a screenplay lol

Last edited by texasdeerhunter; 05-21-2021 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 03:25 PM   #7129
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Double post
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 04:02 PM   #7130
Shane
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
Of all of the crazy things he has said, you gotta admit, it would make for a riveting movie if casted properly and directed well lmao. You would never know whatís coming next haha, letís get a computer in front of him and let him write a screenplay lol
Oh, he'll be back to waste more of his valuable time on us morons under a new screen name soon.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:08 PM   #7131
justletmein
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public lands

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
lol these XRP cult guys seriously make me less interested in it and are the reason I never dabbled in XRP, they've been going on like that for a couple years now and it's always some sensational explosion coming. Maybe they're right but so far it's all been hype.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2021, 05:19 PM   #7132
Shane
Pope & Young

If I were to bet on it, I'd bet that Ripple survives the lawsuit, but has to pay a hefty fine to the SEC. But they'll stay in business. XRP was designed to be used to facilitate fund transfers across national borders, and it appears to be good for that. It has a definite use case for its niche. But that certainly doesn't mean that it will put everything else out of business. That's nonsense.

It's also pretty hard to believe that XRP will be worth $100K/token or anything in that ballpark. There are literally trillions of XRP tokens in existence. The market cap required for those kinds of valuations is unrealistic. It could certainly be worth more than it sells for currently if everything goes well. And it could dang sure sell for way more than it's realistically worth from time to time, just like everything else can. But it's not going to be the only crypto in existence, no matter how well it does.

It's too centralized for me. A former Treasury Secretary on the board.....2/3 of the nodes controlled by Ripple.....and if all the big banks jump in, that's even more swampy establishment control. It's not the decentralized peer to peer kind of a deal that most blockchain projects are designed to be.

That doesn't mean it can't go up in value and have success. It could go out of business too. I have no idea which way it will go.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2021, 08:20 PM   #7133
Kevin
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
If I were to bet on it, I'd bet that Ripple survives the lawsuit, but has to pay a hefty fine to the SEC. But they'll stay in business. XRP was designed to be used to facilitate fund transfers across national borders, and it appears to be good for that. It has a definite use case for its niche. But that certainly doesn't mean that it will put everything else out of business. That's nonsense.

It's also pretty hard to believe that XRP will be worth $100K/token or anything in that ballpark. There are literally trillions of XRP tokens in existence. The market cap required for those kinds of valuations is unrealistic. It could certainly be worth more than it sells for currently if everything goes well. And it could dang sure sell for way more than it's realistically worth from time to time, just like everything else can. But it's not going to be the only crypto in existence, no matter how well it does.

It's too centralized for me. A former Treasury Secretary on the board.....2/3 of the nodes controlled by Ripple.....and if all the big banks jump in, that's even more swampy establishment control. It's not the decentralized peer to peer kind of a deal that most blockchain projects are designed to be.

That doesn't mean it can't go up in value and have success. It could go out of business too. I have no idea which way it will go.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
This is literally my exact take on XRP. Nicely stated Shane. I now take back all the stuff I thought about you in the anti-mask discussions
Old 05-21-2021, 08:32 PM   #7134
Shane
Pope & Young

Quote:
This is literally my exact take on XRP. Nicely stated Shane. I now take back all the stuff I thought about you in the anti-mask discussions
Well, if you agree with me on anything, you must be stupid too.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:44 AM   #7135
jshouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NE Texas

hasnt been a good week. you guys expect anything good this weekend? will that AMC money come back to crypto tonight?
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2021, 11:08 AM   #7136
BrianL
Pope & Young

I'm guessing it will take a couple weeks for regulation fear to settle. Most people aren't cashing out $10K at a time, so I think it will at some point return to tested highs. I hold on till 10% above buy price and sell. I have been holding for several days.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:02 AM   #7137
camoclad
Ten Point

Hunt In: central tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
Anybody jump on the ELONONE bandwagon? Iím holding over 40 Billion shares in hopes it makes it to SAFEMOON status.
Any recent thoughts or movements with your Safemoon? I'm holding abunch...
camoclad is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2021, 01:04 PM   #7138
c3products20
Eight Point

Where do most of you guys monitor the crypto market? I've started tinkering in crypto. Just wondering what/how you all monitor/look for your next coin to invest in?
c3products20 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top