Bullying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
    Sounds like one kid needs thicker skin and the other needs better material.
    Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      His boy ain't soft, he just knew how to work the system to get what he wanted.
      Agree to disagree.

Using the word bully is taking advantage of the system and just another typical example of a weak minded person throwing the word bully around

Comment

100% parent problem. We wouldn't have these issues being blown up like we do today if parents would stop looking to lynch people over something like this. Salami head. I just gotta laugh at that one

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Story?
          I gotta believe there is more to the story also.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            Agree to disagree.

Using the word bully is taking advantage of the system and just another typical example of a weak minded person throwing the word bully around
            My Son is 6'2", 200lbs and has a Bachelors degree in Space Physics and is currently in his masters program at John Hopkins. Weak minded he is not.

I look at it as a young kid who was smart enough to use the system against itself.

I don't understand why my comment got that reaction. My be bullying is a sore subject for you.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
              I was in the 6th Grade in 1973.

“Salami Head” would have been handled by 2 kids.

Maybe a Coach would watch and break it up, but that’s as far as it would go.
              Our coach would let it play out. No sense in lingering feelings. Get it settled. 99% of the time the two walked away friends again.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                My son was bullied in the 5th grade. We tried various strategies to avoid the other kid, notify the teacher, etc. It came down to my son making the decision that any consequences would be worth it and after nearly the entire school year he went to school, walked up to the kid unannounced and punched him in the face.

The school called and we explained our side. I told the principal that the other kid’s parents should know that my son was authorized to continue punching their kid in the face on a daily basis if need be from this point forward until the bullying stopped. The school did not like that. But the other never said another peep.
                Exactly. Same advice I gave my boys. The oldest only had to do it once.

Comment

We moved a lot when I was a kid and I never really remember being bullied except there was 2 attempts at it.

One, a girl known for being a bully and her instigator friend approached my brother, sister and I. The girl lived in the same apartment complex. Her little friend pointed at me and said, "that one!"

My brother and sister backed up and I said "what?" I didn't realize she was the one everyone said was a bully. She said to me that I shot the middle finger at her.

Except what I heard was I shot her middle finger. I instantly thought of the BB guns we took out often and said, "I didn't shoot your middle finger! I'd never shoot anyone! Where were you when I shot your finger?"

Confused, she pointed at her apartment. I said, "no, that can't be right. I never ever shoot my BB guns at houses. I only shoot out in the woods. There's no way I shot you. Are you sure you have the right person?" (Can you tell I had no concern for her injury?? )

She looked at her sidekick confused as all get out. Then she slowly and partially raised her middle finger at me trying to explain what she meant. I said, "Oh no! I would never do that either! Surely you have us confused with someone else! We don't even know you!"

She turned to her friend and said maybe and they left. When I didn't know is my brother was behind me with a baseball bat over his shoulder. We were hitting the ball with the bat.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    And here is a prime example! How sad

Not sure I would brag or post this online. I would be embarrassed
                    You should be embarrassed at 95% of your posts, yet here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      A salami head? No, because i don't know what that means. But a chisler, now a chisler, i know what that means. And we'd have had business... I might've had to fishhook him.

Comment

I worry about my girls being bullied because they're adopted. We'll leave it up to them to tell their friends or not, but I think it'll be obvious that something's up. I'm 5'6" and my wife is 5'1", and my girls' bio parents are 5'10" and 6'4". So our girls are liable to be 6 feet tall. That said, the way my youngest is built, there aren't going to be many people who bully her twice if she decides to handle it, and I'm not going to be apologetic if something like that happens. If my kids are bullies, however, they'll find out really quick how badly that's going to work out for them at home.

Comment

I think back to my school days, and I honestly think If a kid is getting bullied by one other kid, then he should just catch him between the eye's one day when he least expects it. I've seen it end the problem and build a kids confidence. Of course there will consequences, and I'm only talking about boys. And only when it's even ground physically. I'm not advocating someone going and getting there *** beat.

This could be bad advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                            I think back to my school days, and I honestly think If a kid is getting bullied by one other kid, then he should just catch him between the eye's one day when he least expects it. I've seen it end the problem and build a kids confidence. Of course there will consequences, and I'm only talking about boys. And only when it's even ground physically. I'm not advocating someone going and getting there *** beat.

This could be bad advice.
                            Why just boys? My granddaughter had a boy that kept knocking her down at recess. After the third time and the teachers didn't stop it, Alexis did. Durn near laid that kid out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              My Son is 6'2", 200lbs and has a Bachelors degree in Space Physics and is currently in his masters program at John Hopkins. Weak minded he is not.

I look at it as a young kid who was smart enough to use the system against itself.

I don't understand why my comment got that reaction. My be bullying is a sore subject for you.
                              Dont worry about it. He is just a salami head and not smart enough to work the system!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                                Why just boys? My granddaughter had a boy that kept knocking her down at recess. After the third time and the teachers didn't stop it, Alexis did. Durn near laid that kid out cold.
                                Well there you go.

Comment

Working...
                                X