No announcement yet.

How to stop all animals from stealing corn from your feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Hunter had something similar a few years back. I owned a few. Worked ok until the coons got mud on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      American Hunter had something similar a few years back. I owned a few. Worked ok until the coons got mud on them.
      Similar is the key word as they are not the same. They only had two wires and the rest was all plastic and electricity doesn't flow through plastic. The animals had to touch both wires at the same time to get shocked so if they didn't reach between both wires they would not get shocked. This means they could reach under the bottom wire or over the top wire and not get shocked and that is how you would end getting mud on it. Not to mention that it would drain your battery pretty quick. On top of all that it was for 6V feeders only and you had to buy the whole motor box with it.

As you can see on ours, we have a bottom aluminum plate and a top aluminum plate and then two stainless steel rings in the middle. If an animal tries to go under the bottom ring it gets shocked, if it tries to go between them it gets shocked, if it tries to go over the top ring it gets shocked. If the animal can somehow hover in the air(Like a bird) and then tries to go between the two steel rings it will get shocked as soon as it touches the Spinner Plate. There literally is no way they can get to the spinner plate without getting shocked and almost all animals will get shocked way before they get close to the spinner plate. We have several out on feeder that are mainly for pigs and our motor boxes and solar panels used to get cover in mud but since they have had the Guardian on them that is no longer an issue.

Comment

Love it.
        Better bring a bunch to the TTHA shows.
        Unfortunately it won't help with the feeder design I'm currently running.

Comment

I don’t want to scare um, I want um dead. Other wise they just keep making more.

Comment

Ordered. I have one feeder that the coons just hammer, and it has a 12v motor that this will work on perfectly.

Comment

Today is the last day of the 25% off sale.

For everyone that has bought them, please read the instructions before you take it out to your place to install as it will make it much easier to install them. Also in the instructions is a link to the video above on how to install it. If you have any issues after reading the instructions and watching the video, please call us and we will be more than happy to help you out. It really is pretty simple to install as you can see in the video it only took me about 8 minutes to install it from start to finish.

One thing to note. Some spinner plates can get corroded to the motor shaft and be difficult to take off so be prepared for this if your spinner plate hasn't been taken off in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfellah View Post
                I’d like to put one on my wife’s debit card

Lmao! If you figure out to install it I’d pay you good money to put it on my wife’s Amazon Prime account...had a pool light show up yesterday and we don’t even have a freaking pool [emoji2361]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

TTT for the last minute people as the sale will end at midnight tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                    I don’t want to scare um, I want um dead. Other wise they just keep making more.
                    If they made it stronger I could see some issues with game wardens coming across feeders with piles of dead songbirds underneath them and issuing some pretty hefty tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                      Today is the last day of the 25% off sale.

For everyone that has bought them, please read the instructions before you take it out to your place to install as it will make it much easier to install them. Also in the instructions is a link to the video above on how to install it. If you have any issues after reading the instructions and watching the video, please call us and we will be more than happy to help you out. It really is pretty simple to install as you can see in the video it only took me about 8 minutes to install it from start to finish.

One thing to note. Some spinner plates can get corroded to the motor shaft and be difficult to take off so be prepared for this if your spinner plate hasn't been taken off in a long time.

Amen!! Read the instructions so Rob doesn’t send you mean texts.

Not really. But seriously...read the instructions. Even I found it quite easy.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        Or use a neon light transformer and they will fall to the ground and stay there.
                        I know a few airport terminal buildings that have eliminated pigeons this way. If you are ever on the terminal roof do not touch that wire laying on top of the parapet walls. 15,000va@ 30ma will cause an immediate defecation in the draws and induce an epileptic seizure.
                        Ive wondered about that wire when riding the tram at ATL. Yes! Sounds like the makings of Jackass 3 or 4 or 5.

Good lookin product Mr68. I didnt know there was such a thing as a 12v feeder. Good luck with the sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                          Ive wondered about that wire when riding the tram at ATL. Yes! Sounds like the makings of Jackass 3 or 4 or 5.

Good lookin product Mr68. I didnt know there was such a thing as a 12v feeder. Good luck with the sales.
                          I'm not sure if your serious are not about not knowing about 12V feeders but I would guess there are more 12V feeders than 6V feeders. When I say 12V or 6V that is the voltage of the battery that runs motor that throws the corn.

Comment

Working...
                          X