Stock Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
    so if you have made your money and ready or close to retiring then get your $$ out of the market - it is set up for massive failure with Biden and what he is doing
    The vast majority of ours is out of mutual funds/stock market and we may take the rest out in short order. We are both retired os of May 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
      so if you have made your money and ready or close to retiring then get your $$ out of the market - it is set up for massive failure with Biden and what he is doing
      made my money, but not a whole lot.

If I take it out, I have to pay taxes on it. That's gonna be at least 14%.
      Then I lose my SS payments, so that's who knows how much.
      Then if the market does crash, is that money worth anything?

Roll it over into silver or gold? na, that's all high right now. I don't want to buy high and sell low, only to lose half of what I got.

Danged if you do and danged if you don't

Comment

Biden is all talk. He can't snap his fingers & raise the CapGains tax at will. It takes the House & Senate to do that & those mouth breathers are worried about re-elections & big money donors. We all lived through Obummer. We will live through this also.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          When ya'll talk about having a management firm manage your accounts, What is the minimum these firms are working with? I don't have a ton to invest, but I'm clearly not very good at picking stocks based off what I saw this morning.
          I’m curious as well. I currently have fidelity and EJ accounts that are doing ok. I’d like to start working with an individual private firm, but not sure how much these guys require to get started. I don’t really want to pull my funds from fidelity or EJ, at least not to start with.

Comment

You can get an actively managed fund for $100k minimum but most of those brokers charge 1-1.5% per year. That means giving away $1000-1500 a year and over time more often then not those actively managed accounts will under perform the total market.

Just buy shares of VTI or any total stock market account and balance with a total bond account to your risk tolerance. Then you will win the game.

Comment

I’m pretty firm in autodraft into S&P500 index and let it ride. Most if not all brokers have a hard time beating it.

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              I’m curious as well. I currently have fidelity and EJ accounts that are doing ok. I’d like to start working with an individual private firm, but not sure how much these guys require to get started. I don’t really want to pull my funds from fidelity or EJ, at least not to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                I’m pretty firm in autodraft into S&P500 index and let it ride. Most if not all brokers have a hard time beating it.
                Hey 15% of active brokers/mutual funds can beat the market....

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                  You can get an actively managed fund for $100k minimum but most of those brokers charge 1-1.5% per year. That means giving away $1000-1500 a year and over time more often then not those actively managed accounts will under perform the total market.

Just buy shares of VTI or any total stock market account and balance with a total bond account to your risk tolerance. Then you will win the game.
                  Agree! I do it myself

I have a long ways to retirement so I will let it ride. The last 3 years have been great and made alot of money. Long term thoughts

Comment

But not the same 15% year over year.....

Comment

I was going over my 401 k and saw some great returns.

So I just bought in to a Fidelity mutual fund that is based on Medical equipment. It has good 3yr and 5yr returns and an excellent one year return.

Should I be worried?

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                        But not the same 15% year over year.....

Bingo...
                        Almost zero managed funds have beaten the market over a measured decade, and I don’t think a single one ever has if you include the fee percentages in the calculations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So 85% can not beat the market.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                            Dow is back over 26,000 for the first time in right at 3 months. Interesting to see the partial rebound (relatively quick). I wonder if there will be a retraction or if we will continue to see a bull market outlook with the potential to get back above 28,0000 by Q3.

Crude is back over $37 today as well. Hopefully we can break $40 in the coming days/weeks as demand picks back up.
                            Very interesting to compare original post to where we are today less than one year later. Dow over 34,000. Crude over $60.

PS: I'm not a Biden fan.

Comment

Markets down 3% the last 5 days. Probably need to get used to that for the next 4 years at least.

Comment

Not if you invest in things that benefit from reckless fiscal and monetary policy.

Comment

Working...
                                X