No announcement yet.

Opinions of 300 Blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pass. Heavy bullet moving slow. Subs don’t reliably expand and it won’t push supers fast enough to do real good. Head shots work up close. Far better calibers out there. And I have one lol. Got it years ago to try. 9” SBR. Someday I’ll swap that barrel out maybe. It’s a small handy rifle. But man the ballistics sure suck

Comment

I own a few, one a pistol and I like the round for what it is.

It was designed to be a CQC round to replace handgun rounds that were in submachine guns, like 9mm.

So it gives more knockdown at close quarters without over penetrating, but also extended the range for rooftop threats.

It wasn't meant to be a replacement for 5.56 or any other rifle round.

I haven't had any issues at under 150 yards dropping hogs with 110 VMax rounds. I enjoy it suppressed at lower yardages with sub-sonic rounds as well.

Comment

I’ve got the Ruger Ranch & it wasn’t impressed at all!! My son shot a small doe at 45yrds, she ran around 125yrds before piling up. No blood at all & no exit wound, we ended up having to do a grid search to find her. Thick east Texas wasn’t nice to us that day. That’s the last animal I shot with & haven’t shot it since. I believe I’ll stick to my 17 Hornet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like my 300BO pistol for home/truck defense. Its never the gun I grab to hunt with for all the reasons stated above

Comment

Agree with the consensus above. I sold mine after a few years, went to a 6.8SPC for more range and have been very happy with results. More 1 stop drops for me. Bought a Wilson Combat 300 Ham'r last summer, so far I really like the results. Wilson developed the cartridge to overcome the ballistic drop off of the 300BO and the 300 Ham'r has more velocity and energy than the 300BO.

Comment

Fad gun

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                Meh.. it’s not bad within 150 yards shooting the Barnes tac-Tx.. I have a 300 blk but swapped over to 7.62x39 and have been very happy with it
                I went the other way. I could never get my 7.62x39 to feed consistently...would always get bolt override impingements even after reworking the feed ramps and swapping mags. I finally ditched it for the 300BLK...I'm happy enough with it but may consider swapping it out for another Grendel

Comment

Not a fan.. I call it the “rainbow gun” because of the drop

Comment

I have a 16" barreled TC contender and i love the little thing. Finding ammo is of course a pain and I've only owned it since January so i haven't gotten to really know it yet.

I have shot a WT buck and a black buck, both with factory Barnes 110 grain. The WT was 20yds away and the blackbuck about 100. You have to keep in mind the 300 doesnt have alot of horsepower so pick your shots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	300.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	24649337
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Barnes 110.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	24649338

Comment

110 Vmax hand loads have been doing the job, this was my sons first deer with his new two stamper that his grandpa built him.
                      Attached Files

Comment

No thanks....far superior calibers out there for 15 platform

Comment

I have three of them and really like them with correct bullets loaded at supersonic levels. My kids and I have shot many deer and pigs with them and had no issues with recovery. Its ballistics are close to a 30/30 and I grew up hunting with one so just have to know your limits and it will do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by segbert View Post
                            110 Vmax hand loads have been doing the job, this was my sons first deer with his new two stamper that his grandpa built him.
                            Luckily you’re shooting v max on that slow platform lol. Put some speed on those and you’re asking for trouble with deer. Congrats to your boy on a heck of a buck! Big ole smile lol

Comment

Have a ATN thermal on one and love it for night hog hunting

Comment

Ive had good luck with it on hogs to 100 with remington hog hammer.

Comment

Working...
                                X