No announcement yet.

Buccee's tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buc-ee's is really good but my favorite is the unsweet tea from Panda Express. I think it is like a earl gray tea at Panda.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
      After going through the Royal Coffee website, I found what I figured is the plain Jane tea. They call the bags specifically "Royal Cup Signature Tea Bags", or something like that. I looked for that on Amazon, and it was there. Even the images matched what was on the Royal Coffee website.

It'll be here tomorrow!
      I ordered some of the Royal cup signature tea & it arrived today. I am going to make some here shortly. I got 100 tea bags & each bag makes 1 gallon of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
        I ordered some of the Royal cup signature tea & it arrived today. I am going to make some here shortly. I got 100 tea bags & each bag makes 1 gallon of tea.
        Same here only I got mine Saturday. I made a gallon of sun tea. My recommendation is to cut it back to about 3 1/2 quarts. I felt like the gallon was a little weak. The taste was right just not strong enuf to mimic the Buc-ee’s flavor.

Comment

Tried some yesterday and don't see what the big deal is. Maybe the Baytown location has weak tea.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
            So, there are really people out there that like unsweetened tea? Isn't it just brown water? Guess I need to go try Buccees.
            Lol...my 2 young girls call it "tea water"

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Same here only I got mine Saturday. I made a gallon of sun tea. My recommendation is to cut it back to about 3 1/2 quarts. I felt like the gallon was a little weak. The taste was right just not strong enuf to mimic the Buc-ee’s flavor.
              You are correct, it was a little weak. I will cut back on the H2O.

Comment

Originally posted by MRcheeto View Post
                My understanding is that if a store owner has been convicted of a felony they can’t sale lottery tickets
                Yep, that's the reason why they don't sell them. But, he don't need to. Great business plan. I live near his first store.

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                  Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  This thread got burried too far to respond on my phone.
                  I did get mine in, and made a gallon. I think the only way you can order it is in the 100 count of big bags, like we all got. I made it on the stove, like normal. Two quarts of water, brought to a boil, cut it off, drop in tea bag and let it soak for 15ish minutes. 1/2 cup of sugar for the gallon and it was pretty dang close to the mix I do at Buccee's.

Tina is scared to drink it because all the tea bags are just in that big plastic bag. She thinks it's infected with Covid ... I guess I've got 99 more gallons of tea to drink!

Comment

Royal Cup is the best!

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
                    Bill Miller tea is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Bill Miller's used Royal Cup as well. I've been making it at home for years. The key is not to get the water too hot. Turn the heat off when the bubbles start to release to the surface. Let it sit for a minute or two, add the tea bag and steep for 12 minutes.

If the water is too hot the tea will be bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
                      Bill Miller's used Royal Cup as well. I've been making it at home for years. The key is not to get the water too hot. Turn the heat off when the bubbles start to release to the surface. Let it sit for a minute or two, add the tea bag and steep for 12 minutes.

If the water is too hot the tea will be bitter.
                      Great tip! I'm going to try that on my next pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                        Great tip! I'm going to try that on my next pitcher.
                        Aerated water also improves the flavor. I put it in an empty milk jug and shake it up good before heating.

Comment

Working...
                        X