Climbing Sticks Are Out Of Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
    I put an aider on my bottom step this year and they are a pain in the *** to get a boot in it. I can't imagine these guys that are running multi stepped aiders.
    I would never put them on anything other than the first stick. The guys that put them way up in the tree are taking too much of a risk for the little reward. They’re seriously unsafe getting in and out of them with grace

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
      I don’t do single step sticks.
      I’m currently running a heavily modified set of Hawk helium sticks (from back before hawk bought the extrusion rights).

I am going to give one sticking another go. I wasn’t much of a fan a few years ago when I tried it, but have seen a couple different methods that may work for me.

If I don’t like the one sticking, I will suck it up and buy a set of 4 Tethrd sticks or timber ninjas. Considering that once I buy a set, I don’t have to buy anymore, I can justify the cost. I’m not paying lease fees, corn bills, didn’t buy a camper... what’s a single purchase of really good sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Tethrds will be a good option as far as function, compactness, and weight. Almost $500 for 4 is a tough pill to swallow.

If the distance from the tree was the same as the XOP’s I would seriously consider that price.

Comment

A cheap bow stand, during summer people replace wooden fences, usually in 6ft sections, they,re glad to have someone haul off the old sections. Just toe nail 4 together cut a door and widows to shoot out of, throw another on top for roof , they blend in nicely cause they,re weathered. And only take bout 30. Min. To put together, cost $00000 they work nice I,ve pigs run 3ft. Away from me the other thing is widen several spaces between a couple boards so you can see though without being in the window opening, this will let you know when to step to the window and shoot

Comment

Working...
        X