Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KUIU or Sitka Rain Gear String Clearance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you can wait until early January, all the high end clothing manufacturer's will be at the Dallas safari club show. You can try on whatever you want there, and if you are there Sunday, they will make good deals before they leave.

Comment

I bought my Sitka second hand only 6 months old. Guys like to buy new every year. Or they buy for a trip somewhere and sell after they get back. You can pick up some great deals that way if you know what you want and size.

Gary

Comment

Check out the badlands Exo jacket. It has built in sleeve compression. Worked well on my elk hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got a couple Sitka jackets. Very form fitting and tailored to the bow hunter. Highly recommended. Great quality.

Comment

Check out sportsmans finest in Austin. They match prices!

Comment

I can't help with your choice of rain gear. I use WFS, I have had the pants and jacket for many years it's breathable and quiet. I Googled it and I could not find it but it has worked very well for me for a long time.

I will add that If you get out on a hunt without an armguard you can cut the toe end out of a spare sock for a make shift armguard.

I hope you have better luck on your next hunt

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryGS44 View Post
                I use the sleeve type armguards to pull the sleeve in tight around my arm. They are light weight and quick to take on and off.

The good rain gear is expensive and I like it loose enough so that I can layer underneath depending on the temperature/conditions.

John
                Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                Keep some rubber bands on your quiver hood.
                They are great in a pinch to keep garmets tight.
                Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                I can't help with your choice of rain gear. I use WFS, I have had the pants and jacket for many years it's breathable and quiet. I Googled it and I could not find it but it has worked very well for me for a long time.

I will add that If you get out on a hunt without an armguard you can cut the toe end out of a spare sock for a make shift armguard.

I hope you have better luck on your next hunt
                Here are your answers. I keep an armguard around just to cinch down bulky clothes in December. A $2-20 arm solution is cheaper than trying to find the exact right layers.

Also perhaps learn to shoot with a slighty more open stance if your current stance is very closed. I find that more often than not, out in the field, that a more open stance is achievable than a closed stance.

Comment

I have the sitka downpour and have been real happy with it. Put them on for both rain and those cold north winds.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    This is the problem with quality gear. It's hard to find a place to try before you buy and buying online can leave you in a bad size easily.

Gary
                    You can return it, ive bought from dealers online who sell sitka and kuiu and I accidently bought a XS instead of XL, if you buy from either directly they 100% fix it for you....

to answer OP's question

I have both brands in Rain Jackets....Sitka has been the better brand from my experience in buying both, the Fanatic and Downpour Jackets are amazing...ive had both for a couple years and I sold my whole Kuiu set besides the rain jacket for a backup......Sitka, I got rained on for 3 hours straight on a hunt last month and was seriously warm and comfortable...the fanatic series is better than anything on the market clothing wise...buy once cry once

Comment

I bought my Sitka second hand only 6 months old. Guys like to buy new every year. Or they buy for a trip somewhere and sell after they get back. You can pick up some great deals that way if you know what you want and size.

Gary
                      yep Ebay and Archery Talk classifieds is your friend when buying Sitka, I bought a full optifade outfit brand new for 500$ less than retail, it was still 350$ but still I saved quite a bit!

Comment

The Fanaticine is what I bought.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                          Here are your answers. I keep an armguard around just to cinch down bulky clothes in December. A $2-20 arm solution is cheaper than trying to find the exact right layers.

Also perhaps learn to shoot with a slighty more open stance if your current stance is very closed. I find that more often than not, out in the field, that a more open stance is achievable than a closed stance.
                          Open vs closed stance doesn't change my shoulder alignment. I always want to have bone on bone alignment with my drawing elbow inside the string at full draw. I can't snap shoot for crap. In fact, I use a clicker now and have set my process up much like an olympic archer. So I need all the mechanical aid I can get from my form to shoot hunting weight bows well. All of which to say, an arm guard is going with me in the future.

I needed a better set of rain gear, regardless of the string clearance issue, but that sure made a good excuse to buy something!

Comment

I appreciate the "bone on bone" description. My elbow is up in line with the arrow just like with a compound.
                            I have no issue with forearm clearance.

Gary

Comment

I appreciate the "bone on bone" description. My elbow is up in line with the arrow just like with a compound.
                              I have no issue with forearm clearance.

Gary
                              I know it's different for different folks. When my grip is right, I have no problems with string clearance in tight fitting sleeves, but anything loose gets popped.

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                                I have the Sitka thunderhead, it’s super quiet, and actually annoyingly tight in the forearms. I wish I would have bought one size up for that very reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                X2

Comment

Working...
                                X