Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Painting

I’m not artistic so after much google searching I used this as a plan:

DIY Camo How To: Easy Sponge Camouflage Paint Job Author's Update: Although I have been a longtime user of Rustoleum paints I have found a new favorite. I did some torture testing between the Rustoleum and Aervoe Camo Paints. Based on my testing the Aervoe paints are much more durable. For the torture test, I

Started with an almond base coat in appliance epoxy after two wipe downs with lacquer thinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been several days and I couldn’t stand it any longer. Started with khaki rust oleum camo. Wasn’t impressed at this point to be honest

Comment

Then nutmeg rust oleum. Going to let it sit a few days. I’m liking it but always overly critical. Might go over with the base color a bit or maybe black.

Comment

Looks like a fine job to me!

Comment

Thanks. It’s growing on me. I’ll let it sit a few days and clearcoat it. I’ll probably have it hydrodipped eventually.

Comment

That looks pretty good.

Comment

Looks good. I’d add in something dark like a dark brown, charcoal grey, or black. Not much but adding some dark elements will create depth in the pattern

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                Looks good. I’d add in something dark like a dark brown, charcoal grey, or black. Not much but adding some dark elements will create depth in the pattern

Hmm I like the grey idea. Was thinking green

Comment

Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post

You’re on the right track. With sponge painting you can duplicate the surrounding pretty easily. I painted this Remington/Leupold combo with several colors of Duracoat to blend in with WestTexas.

Comment

^dope

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                        You’re on the right track. With sponge painting you can duplicate the surrounding pretty easily. I painted this Remington/Leupold combo with several colors of Duracoat to blend in with WestTexas.

That looks awesome.

Comment

LOL, I'd probably put my gun and never be able to find it again. Nice work guys.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post

Where's the rifle in this photo?

Comment

Those both look good.

Comment

Working...
                              X