No announcement yet.

BUDGET 4x6 rifle blind build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-4. Really like these plans, good stuff.
    For windows I'll probably go with a 2"x12" cut to length on the big window, minimal warping, won't need bracing and can hold hinge, screw, etc....
    Thinking I will go flat black on the inside, like a ground blind, hunt with a dark hoodie or such. And black on the outside of the windows so when the windows are raised no change in appearance. Untreated 2x4s on the inside to save on weight and cost. Thoughts?
    Appreciate you sharing you plans and posting,

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
      10-4. Really like these plans, good stuff.
      For windows I'll probably go with a 2"x12" cut to length on the big window, minimal warping, won't need bracing and can hold hinge, screw, etc....
      Thinking I will go flat black on the inside, like a ground blind, hunt with a dark hoodie or such. And black on the outside of the windows so when the windows are raised no change in appearance. Untreated 2x4s on the inside to save on weight and cost. Thoughts?
      Appreciate you sharing you plans and posting,

I like the 2x12 idea for sure. I plan to do plexi or deerview next year though. Black would darken the inside more no doubt but for $9 gallon of oops paint I couldn’t argue the color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job, I just finished mine as well except I used metal frame that a friend of mine build and I just had to skin it. Love those 4x4 legs.

Comment

Looks like it'll hunt well!

Comment

Started blind #2 this evening, only had a couple hours but will finish it first thing in the morning.

Knocked out both of the 4ft wide side walls most of the way. I went ahead and decided to use 2x4’s for the entire frame instead of using the good treated 4x4 I have. I will be using those for legs with some elevator brackets (if I can find some) this will put this blind 6-8’ in the air depending on the angle of the brackets I’m not sure yet. Obviously this caused me to buy 4 extra 2x4s for the corners.

Comment

Nice, I need to do this soon.

Comment

Finished up with blind #2 yesterday (90%) still need to slap the tin up on the roof and paint it in the field. Don’t have a good spot to paint here at the house as I am not a painter and get that crap EVERYWHERE.

I like the door on this one much better and will end up making a couple of (cost free) adjustments to blind #1 door.

Comment

The windows are done just forgot to take pictures at the end . I’ll get out there and get a few later on.

Comment

Going to be making these in Ag Shop this year. Hoping to sell to add to our FFA account and give the boys some skills.

Comment

BUDGET 4x6 rifle blind build

Originally posted by ladytxn86 View Post
                      Going to be making these in Ag Shop this year. Hoping to sell to add to our FFA account and give the boys some skills.

I’ve had a friend (TBHer) helping me on these and that’s what we had talked about making a few.

To help the kids out I would say a pocket hole jig is a MUST. Also I think “cutting ahead” would work fine on the main pieces for the actual frame and maybe even the horizontal window pieces but all the uprights may be kind of tough unless the kids are way better than me at keeping things perfectly square.

I would recommend cutting those as you go

Comment

Did you use a 2x6 for the base on this last one?

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                          Did you use a 2x6 for the base on this last one?

Sure did. I ordered some elevator brackets off amazon for $58 and will use the 8’ 4x4 posts to get this one off the ground.

Comment

Post some pics Seay! I'm a visual learner, lol.

Comment

I would suggest staking those down in some way or you will find them laying on their side in the near future. I have stood way to many blinds back up before I learned my lesson. Do a search on ways to hold them down. There are lots of threads on it here.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                                Post some pics Seay! I'm a visual learner, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X