Offshore where and who??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offshore where and who??

Looking to go offshore with a couple friends in the next couple of weeks. Probably after red snapper,kings,cobia,& mahi. Where would be the place to go and with who? Port O, Port Aransas??? I’ve never been so I have no clue. Is it better to pay more and go small charter or doesn’t matter and go on a 40 person charter?? I’m guessing small charter.

Go small.
    "Cowboy Charters" out of Freeport. Mike will put you on the fish..
    He is on the WWW and FB. Check him out.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      Go small.
      "Cowboy Charters" out of Freeport. Mike will put you on the fish..
      He is on the WWW and FB. Check him out.

Sounds good I’ll check him out thanks.

Comment

Check out Reel Threel Charters the captain is Mike in Freeport. Check him out great guy!

Comment

Port O
          Captain Ryan Longer
          (830) 221-0177
          Attached Files

Comment

Matagorda Sport Fishing with Capt Mark Holland. Just got back from fishing with him on the 6th. Good dude!

Comment

I’ve gone with Johnny Walker out of Galveston a couple times and it was awesome.

Comment

Thanks guys I guess I’ll be busy checking them out today.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                  Matagorda Sport Fishing with Capt Mark Holland. Just got back from fishing with him on the 6th. Good dude!
                  X2. Been with him several times and plan to go again in the next month or so, as soon as I can get time to breathe...

Comment

Originally posted by Ethan313 View Post
                    Check out Reel Threel Charters the captain is Mike in Freeport. Check him out great guy!
                    Had a bad experience with him. Maybe it was a fluke but I swore to make sure everyone knows he did us wrong for the rest of my life. It takes a lot to make me mad, I am very understanding of small business owner challenges but there is no excuse. The other guys in my group literally wanted to physically hurt him.

Comment

More details, mike?

Comment

I would not recommend Mike Jennings... that dude is all about him and what he can get out of the fishery.

my recommendation would be Tommy Hartung out of Corpus. Snapper will be a slam dunk, and he's pretty **** good with Ling. he usually drags in 2-3 a trip. You can find reasonable lodging via Air BnB in corpus, and tommy is a really cool dude. I've fished with him several times. I'll PM you his number.
                        Last edited by kyle1974; 07-16-2019, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                          More details, mike?
                          Lonnnngg story. I think some is chronicled here in another thread. This was 5+yrs ago.

Long story short:
                          He showed up something like an hour late to the dock, wouldnt answer the phone while we stood there like idiots. Finally showed up. Said one boat had broken motor several days before, other boat had a hole in it. I felt bad for him till the others guys asked me why he didnt call and let us know, instead of driving 100+miles...then he offeredd a bay trip instead. That just ticked them off more because we knew why now...

.so Im irritated but not too angry. We decline the bay trip and ask for deposit back. He says ok no problem. Following week I request money back. No return emails. No return calls. Nothing. I never once got an attitude with him. Absolute radio silence for like 2 months. Fjnally get ahold of him. He acts all nice and apologizes and says will return money. No problem. Never get money back. No return calls emails etc again. No Im getting ticked for real. You dont steal from me. Finally I file paypal claim ( deposit ws through his site via paypal thank God ). He calls me right up and says he will send the money!

Seems like it was another week or 2 ( I guess paypals process ) and finally.get deposit back.

Comment

Can’t say enough good things about mark holland with Matagorda Sportfishing. Awesome guy and will put you on some big fish.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                              I would not recommend Mike Jennings... that dude is all about him and what he can get out of the fishery.

my recommendation would be Tommy Hartung out of Corpus. Snapper will be a slam dunk, and he's pretty **** good with Ling. he usually drags in 2-3 a trip. You can find reasonable lodging via Air BnB in corpus, and tommy is a really cool dude. I've fished with him several times. I'll PM you his number.
                              Who told you that BS.. Do you even know Mike? I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X