Schooner Restaurant in Nederland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schooner Restaurant in Nederland

For any of you familiar with the Schooner, my great grandfather, John Coroneos, was the original owner and operator of the restaurant before selling it to the Megas family. My dad came across the first menu from the late 40's/early 50's and I thought it was pretty cool! That's my great grandfather in the photo.
    Attached Files

That’s awesome. Been a long time family favorite throughout my family. That’s a cool piece of family history.

Comment

My wife would kill for the BBQ crabs, cut the BBQ sauce . . Love that place and I haven't been there in 30 years . .

Comment

Cool stuff!

Comment

That is awesome. I love The Schooner. Anytime I am anywhere close to Mid county I stop, though that is only a couple times a year now.

Comment

Awesome stuff! When I was going to college at Lamar I ate there all the time

Comment

Cool place with great seafood.

Comment

Nice to tie in the family history.

Comment

Take some better pics Of the prices I like showing the kids and let them laugh !

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                    Take some better pics Of the prices I like showing the kids and let them laugh !
                    I will! I got such a kick out of the prices even at 45. Seafood platter for $2.75? Steak dinner for $1? Whhaaaaat????

Comment

Pretty cool. We used to eat there 35 years ago

I remember that menu.. And the salad, crackers, butter tab and tabasco on the table

Comment

Beaumont highway

Comment

I have been eating there since the 60s and the food is still great. They have some old menus posted in the lobby of the restaurant.

Comment

Here ya go.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Pretty cool. I eat there at least once a month. I've been working in Orange for the last 2 years off and on.

Comment

Working...
                              X