My first buck with a bow!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first buck with a bow!!!

Its funny ive been shooting bows since I was around 10 and now im 40. Oddly enough though ive never shot a deer with one. Ever season I was like this one is going to be the one I actually try to get a deer with a a bow. I would always put it off and by the time I was ready rifle season was here.

Last year I decided I was only going to bow hunt this one piece of property my family owns. I got excited because I had what to me where some descent deer coming. I picked two old mature deer I wanted to take but Only seen them come a few times and they never presented a shot.

This season came and I had a few mature deer I wanted to shot but they really wouldn't score much. I had this one on game cam and I believe he was a 10 point last year.

Anyways long story short I let him pass twice this morning. I hate shooting deer this early in the season because well its kind of the end of your season. I said If he gives me one more shot im going to try my luck. At 22 yards he turned broadside. The rage went through clipping the top of his heart and destroying his lungs and lodging itself in the opposite shoulder. I couldn't hardly fine a blood trail, it doesn't help I have a slight red/green color blindness lol. Found him right where you see him about 40 yards away.

Like I said he aint nothing magnificent but he is mature and unique and that's ok in my book.

Side note anyone know how to use photoshop well enough to delete the deers tongue hanging out of its mouth or the glowing eyes....LOL...Serious does anyone?

Cool buck. Congrats on your first bow deer.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Awesome, good looking deer-

Comment

Cant help on the photoshop but that is one cool looking buck. Congrats!

Comment

Awesome. Congrats!

Comment

Very nice, mature buck. A pocket knife will fix that tongue issue next time!

Comment

Congratulations! Looks like a good one to take out of the herd as well.

Comment

cool cull! love the trash and congrats on your buck!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats on getting it done

Comment

May i interest you in a really cool organization?

Welcome to the TCHA! We represent the Texas hunter that has grown tired of the increased costs of hunting in our great state. The average hunter is being priced out of our great sport and this makes...

Comment

Congrats.

-john

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Nice. Congratulations.

Comment

Working...
                              X