Colt Python

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colt Python

Are there any colt python gurus in here? I have a couple questions on value.

would like to know as well

Comment

Expensive !!!!!!!

Comment

1971ish, 90% , selling for $2500-$3,000

Comment

Shoot, what are the concerns...I follow them closely.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Shoot, what are the concerns...I follow them closely.
            I’ll post some pics if I can figure out how. Guy is selling it for $1800. I’m not going to give him cash but we are talking trades. I have not seen it or layer hands on it yet. Just wanted to hear from someone who knows more about them. Always been my holy grail gun.

Said it was a 1975. I don’t know if he has the factory grips or not. I realize it may be hard to tell by looking at these pics but that’s all I have right now.
            Last edited by BW412; 06-26-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Hopefully this works...
              Attached Files

Comment

What application do you intend as it's a shooter...is this ok for your holy grail?? I wouldn't want one without the original grips personally. Replacements will run $300 in decent shape. Period correct grips will be determined by the born date.

I would be holstering it & putting more wear if I was in the market for a shooter. You certainly need to fondle it & check for timing along with the s/n to date her. I can certainly do some looking to see what these are going for. I tend to follow more of the collectables but nothing difficult to nail down. Looks to be about 95-97 percent & appears to have some freckling at the muzzle along with the spot on the bbl. Not sure what else on the finish & needs a wiping down to determine anything further.

Comment

I’ll definitely shoot it. I can’t afford one that is too pretty to shoot. I don’t know if I’ll be training with him or not. He may want too much but we’ll see. I was just kinda looking into what it might be going for so I know what I’m dealing with. I would definitely want to replace with proper grips if we work something out. I appreciate your input very much.

Comment

Glad to help...when you get your hands on it, Pull the hammer back very slowly & then rotate the cylinder to see if you hear a click. The pawl should lock up in the cylinder without any clicks.

You aren't going to get hurt...look at what these dogs went for. Good luck!! They really are fun to shoot. I carry a 4" that really is too nice to holster & wear is getting worse. Crazy what they are bringing.

Comment

Don’t forget the box and papers if he still has them along with the grips, I own 3 a 4in, 6 in, and an 8 in, most folks that bought them either carried them or put them in a safe and occasionally shot them. They are collectible and can be expensive. Like artos stayed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you don’t want it put me in contact

Comment

I would say for a carry and not collectible, that is a good price. I seen one going for $1,500.00 and it looked like it had been used to drive fence post, action and barrel was in good shape. The guy said it was his boat gun. Passed on it.They can go as mentioned low end of $2,500.00 to $5,000.00 just have to find the right person with cash or selling.
                          I just bought one of the new King Cora.. Not like the old colt snake guns but not bad at all, if you like revolvers..

Comment

Working...
                          X