Got and lost lease in a month.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got and lost lease in a month.

I finally found a lease, paid and was going to get 2 tbhers on with me. Now the gentleman had a stroke. His family is having to put him in a nursing home. The family already is selling the farm. They sent the money back, even extra for some reason. Have a contract, but do not think that would help now. Not liking east Tx at all any more.

Man that sucks

Comment

that's a bummer. At least they gave you your money back and then some.

Comment

That sucks man. And no, the contract won't do you any good.

Comment

That sucks, but I guess it could have been a lot worse

Comment

At least you have your health

Comment

That sucks, but as stated, at least they sent your money back.

As far as the family honoring the contract...At the end of the day, if the family has full intention and is motivated to sell the property, you might could hunt for a season, but definitely wouldn't be on it for the long-term.

Also, at least they informed you now and not 2 months from now. There's still time to find another place.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                I finally found a lease, paid and was going to get 2 tbhers on with me. Now the gentleman had a stroke. His family is having to put him in a nursing home. The family already is selling the farm. They sent the money back, even extra for some reason. Have a contract, but do not think that would help now. Not liking east Tx at all any more.
                Just what does a landowner having health problems and you losing a lease have to do with East Texas?

1) Be glad you got all of your money back
                2) Be glad it isn't your family member who is having health issues

Comment

I think the family did the right thing by you. Good luck on finding a new place. I'm setting this season out I think.

Comment

Lucky to get your money back. Bad luck.... but somebody died. It's not East Texas' fault..

Comment

Send your best wishes and tell them you understand.

If you really want to hunt there ask how much they would take for the place.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Just what does a landowner having health problems and you losing a lease have to do with East Texas?

1) Be glad you got all of your money back
                        2) Be glad it isn't your family member who is having health issues
                        was wondering the same thing, im sure that guy would rather you lease his land than him have a stroke and be in a nursing home

Comment

It could take them a long time to sell. Stay in touch with them, ask if you can do anything to help with the upkeep of the property during their tough time. In other words, be a good neighbor and karma may smile down on you.

Comment

Sound a bit ungrateful, alot more important things in life than a lease. Be glad you didn't have the stroke and move on.

Comment

Getting used to Texas again, spent years in Wy. No need for leases there. And Houston has 8 times as many people as the entire state of Wy. Just adjusting, slowly.

Comment

Working...
                              X