Fire Ants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    No effect. Same with skeeters and ticks. We found a tick on our dog this morning.
    I have little regard for ticks, skeeters, or chiggers now days . A good dose of ivermectin every 6 months and they wont bother you. No more deet for me.

Comment

Ivermection? Seriously, it works...and kills the Covid, too?

Comment

Probably just make them tougher!

Comment

I hate them suckers! Hope they died...

Comment

About the same as the acorns people were concerned about.

Comment

I’ve always read that they go as deep as eight feet so I don’t imagine this hurt them much.

Comment

I'm hopeful on covid. My brother, sister ,2 nieces, 4 nephews, brother in law, and my parents have had it so far. I literally picked my mom up out of the floor when she was critically I'll with covid. So far I have not had it.

Comment

you mean a man of your, well, stature didnt not the mectin kills all kinds of worms and fungi

Comment

Treated all the mounds I could find on my place about a month ago when they first showed up after a rain. Stirred the mound up and soaked it with Demon. It does not kill most immediately, but come back in 20 minutes and nothing!

Comment

The crazy ants killed all the fire ants in this neighborhood 2 years ago. Now a couple of times I have to spray down a car or the ac unit. They love electronics.........

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        you mean a man of your, well, stature didnt not the mectin kills all kinds of worms and fungi
                        I was sitting reading an article last year about a little water borne parasite in the Amazon that caused blindness in local fishermen. Ivermectin was given to the entire villages as a preventative and it worked. Oddly malaria was also eliminated but tests showed it ineffective in treating malaria. Turns out that since skeeters wont bite them now, malaria isn't spread either.

For me, chiggers are a big deal. I would say its 100 percent against them.

Comment

I posted about this stuff on another thread, but here ya go. Get you some Bifenthrin and a handheld sprayer (gallon). Mix 1 ounce of Bifenthrin in a gallon of water and spray every mound you run across. You'll enjoy seeing those little sh*** pile up the bodies next to their mound.

It won't keep them from coming back from neighboring camps, but it will kill them when they set up new mounds. Plus, it's good for other pests around the house/camp.

Comment

It got down to 0° here in north Texas. They are doing fine and they said thanks for asking.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	B67E8355-D4D5-4832-8BC7-50C716B4DF7D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	24645047

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              I was sitting reading an article last year about a little water borne parasite in the Amazon that caused blindness in local fishermen. Ivermectin was given to the entire villages as a preventative and it worked. Oddly malaria was also eliminated but tests showed it ineffective in treating malaria. Turns out that since skeeters wont bite them now, malaria isn't spread either.

For me, chiggers are a big deal. I would say its 100 percent against them.
                              GarGuy are you saying you take a dose every 6 months and do not have an issue with skeeters now? If one is within a mile, it's going to find me and eat me until I kill it. If this is a solution I am in. Like going to the store now.

Comment

There is a limit to their range but it is a long way north of here. Some research shows the species is adapting to the cold and their northward march will continue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fire ant.png
Views:	1
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	24645050

Comment

Working...
                                X