Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
    Caveat emptor in all things.
    I understand, but I am trying to determine real world examples of how real world people folks who have actually sold bullion have actually done it. Who wants to turn loose of their bullion until they have the cash. Who wants to pay the cash until they have the bullion???

I am also interested in how long it takes to turn the bullion into cash.

Have you sold any?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      I understand, but I am trying to determine real world examples of how real world people folks who have actually sold bullion have actually done it. Who wants to turn loose of their bullion until they have the cash. Who wants to pay the cash until they have the bullion???

I am also interested in how long it takes to turn the bullion into cash.

Have you sold any?
      No Sir. I have not sold any. I think I am like most. Holding on to something that is negotiable worldwide regardless of which Gov't is oppressing us. Our financial system is a house of cards based on promises.
      I must admit though. One can look at bank account and say " Yeah, I have money". But when you open your safe and look at bars and coins. You KNOW and FEEL you have money . I guess it brings out the Pirate, King or Caesar in me
      Kind of cool having precious metals and valuable items as assets and investments.
      Diversification spreads the risk in asset management.

Comment

load up on the physical boys and girls. the markets are gunna get really squirrely this year if bond yields keep rising, forcing the fed's hand.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
          load up on the physical boys and girls. the markets are gunna get really squirrely this year if bond yields keep rising, forcing the fed's hand.
          With interest rates on the floor, how are yields going to keep rising?

Comment

With interest rates on the floor, how are yields going to keep rising?
            Ten year has been making some pretty significant moves over the last month. Lots of treasury selling due to expectations of inflation. As rates rise, heavily indebted consumers, corporations, and governments take it on the chin. The Fed then comes into to save the day becoming the only bond buyer, which only exacerbates the underlying problems we have and puts tremendous pressure on the dollar.

Comment

I see...but your answer to 3.) is not complete. If you sell it on Ebay, the buyer will take your word for it that the bullion is .999% pure without assaying it?
              Okay, since you are not familiar with selling/buying silver/gold or ebay, let me splain it to you. I have bought but mostly sold thousands of oz of silver through ebay. It is easy and using paypal, I get paid immediately. The buyer is protected through their buyer protection policy. When buying, I also look at the seller's feedback rating. I think Ebay is the best for both buying and selling as it really determines the going rate for things, while, in my experience, coin stores will rip you off both ways.
              I have not heard of anyone getting ripped off with countfeit coins or bullion. I sure it happens to those who don't know what they're doing, but I know of no one.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                Ten year has been making some pretty significant moves over the last month. Lots of treasury selling due to expectations of inflation. As rates rise, heavily indebted consumers, corporations, and governments take it on the chin. The Fed then comes into to save the day becoming the only bond buyer, which only exacerbates the underlying problems we have and puts tremendous pressure on the dollar.
                Yeah, I had a brain fart and had bond values in mind, rather than actual yields. Thanks for answering my stupid question .

Comment

Working...
                X