Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the first time in my lifetime, I have a democrat congressman...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the first time in my lifetime, I have a democrat congressman...

The 7th congressional district used to be solid red, but redistricting and immigration from liberal states has turned it blue, and it may never go Republican again. Culberson bears a lot of responsibility for running a crappy campaign, dissing Trump, and voting for the omnibus spending bill last year, but there is a permanent shift too. Unfortunately, Harris County went solid blue, with no county wide or judicial positions in Republican hands. Lizzy Fletcher is a gun-grabbing liberal, and we're probably stuck with her for life.

While I dont talk politics much, I am afraid you may be right for those major cities and their counties. I noticed Austin, DFW/FW, Houston and I believe even SA were all blue for the presidential election. Hell even Fort Bend County was blue in the midterms. First time in a long time that has happened. Who knows what the future holds. By the way Id exit Harris County ASAP if possible

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      While I dont talk politics much, I am afraid you may be right for those major cities and their counties. I noticed Austin, DFW/FW, Houston and I believe even SA were all blue for the presidential election. Hell even Fort Bend County was blue in the midterms. First time in a long time that has happened. Who knows what the future holds. By the way Id exit Harris County ASAP if possible
      The problem is that liberals aren't content living under their own tent. They will force their policies on you as soon as they can get control of the state as a whole, and they aren't that far from doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        The 7th congressional district used to be solid red, but redistricting and immigration from liberal states has turned it blue, and it may never go Republican again. Culberson bears a lot of responsibility for running a crappy campaign, dissing Trump, and voting for the omnibus spending bill last year, but there is a permanent shift too. Unfortunately, Harris County went solid blue, with no county wide or judicial positions in Republican hands. Lizzy Fletcher is a gun-grabbing liberal, and we're probably stuck with her for life.
        Redistricting is the cause? It was run by the republicans in the state.

Fact is Culberson is/was a TERRIBLE candidate. He needed to go. If his backbone wasn't made out of silly putty, he may be here today.

Today starts day 1 of primaries for 2020, lets look for a true conservative with a backbone to replace Lizzy!

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          The problem is that liberals aren't content living under their own tent. They will force their policies on you as soon as they can get control of the state as a whole, and they aren't that far from doing it.

100% agree! There are plenty of states that share their beliefs and are run by them, they could get all they want and be surrounded by their peers but they want to come leach of what we built and suck the life out of our Texas economy. Makes no sense why they dont all just settle in CA,NY,CO,WA and let us have our great state!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            Redistricting is the cause? It was run by the republicans in the state.

Fact is Culberson is/was a TERRIBLE candidate. He needed to go. If his backbone wasn't made out of silly putty, he may be here today.

Today starts day 1 of primaries for 2020, lets look for a true conservative with a backbone to replace Lizzy!
            Republicans try to maximize the number of congressional seats they hold by moving some democrats into what they consider safe seats. They have jacked with the 7th district to the point where Hillary actually won the district in 2016. I agree that Culberson is a terrible candidate, but unseating a democrat incumbent in a blue district is a tall order.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
              100% agree! There are plenty of states that share their beliefs and are run by them, they could get all they want and be surrounded by their peers but they want to come leach of what we built and suck the life out of our Texas economy. Makes no sense why they dont all just settle in CA,NY,CO,WA and let us have our great state!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Add Illinois to the list. We just elected another crooked gun grabbing liberal as governor. As soon as I can sell my properties I’m gone. Hope to be back in Texas soon

Comment

Everyone wants to blame liberals moving into the state, but I think you are overlooking the Millennials. They are now the largest voting group in Texas and the country. They are overwhelmingly liberal. One report I heard was 75% of Millennials are liberal. Nearly every Millennial I know is liberal - including kids from very conservative Texas families.

I am also inclined to think many of our new citizens from California are conservative that finally gave up on their state. Most people I've met from CA are solid conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafter S View Post
                  Add Illinois to the list. We just elected another crooked gun grabbing liberal as governor. As soon as I can sell my properties I’m gone. Hope to be back in Texas soon
                  Illinois has always been liberal. The shock was they actually had a Republican governor. I don't think he was all that conservative.

Comment

The Republicans can take back the entirety of Texas by simply not focusing so dang much on immigration or coming up with a solution Hispanics can live with. I get that it's an important issue, but you gotta decide if it's important enough to be the hill you die on.

Comment

We have talked about this for years but now the evidence is clear - Texas is turning purple and there is no stopping it. I think "Beto Mania" has a lot to do with the down-ballot Republican losses.

Comment

The sad reality is that if Texas ever turns anything other Red then the country is done in my opinion. Texas is the lead and most solid anchor the U.S. has as far as conservative values. If Texas does not stay red it will be bad over all. There is more at stake than just Texas unfortunately. My .02
                        Last edited by Head Hunter; 11-07-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Culberson was pretty much a democrat anyway. He made too many conservatives mad, and they decided not to vote for him. He should have never made it out of the primaries, but too many people don't show up in the spring. Then they start asking who they should vote for the day before the general election........

Meanwhile, democrats are gonna vote straight ticket no matter who is running, or what they have done.

Comment

And how about the rookie elected for county judge?! WTH? It’s all about getting out the vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              Everyone wants to blame liberals moving into the state, but I think you are overlooking the Millennials. They are now the largest voting group in Texas and the country. They are overwhelmingly liberal. One report I heard was 75% of Millennials are liberal. Nearly every Millennial I know is liberal - including kids from very conservative Texas families.

I am also inclined to think many of our new citizens from California are conservative that finally gave up on their state. Most people I've met from CA are solid conservative.
                              Yep, pretty solid post. I think moderates coming into play now not so much hard leftist liberal jerks.
                              Spent some time with Culberson in July......never got a great feel for him. I had posted a pic with him back then but can't find it now.[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X