Firing up custom pellet smoker for chili pequins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firing up custom pellet smoker for chili pequins

Got four good size pequin plants, been picking peppers for a couple months. About to make another batch of smoked dried pequin seasoning. Step one, air dry peppers and fire the pellet smoker. Disclaimer-I don’t have a pellet smoker. I’ll take pix as the process evolves and if I can get them to load. I let them dry out for days after I smoke so they are good and dry when I grind.

Cool. I’m interested, in pictures of the process

Comment

Can’t get to load from my crappy phone. Will try on pc tomorrow. Got it made up, great flavor lots of Smokey pequin heat.

Comment

Peppers

Lets see if this works..
        Attached Files

Comment

Man I'm jealous. I love that stuff on pizza and whatever else you would use crushed red pepper. My plants just have not produced in a couple years. Maybe just a few every year. Sucks.

Comment

Nice job! I’m fixing to smoke another batch, my supply from last year is getting low.

Comment

How long do you smoke? What temp?

Comment

I make two flavors of chili pequin hot pepper sauce. Your chili pequin pepper seasoning looks interesting! I buy my chili pequin peppers already dried by the pound.

Comment

Picking them is a pain, by the pound would be good if they were fresh. Gives me time to drink, pick and drink again. I smoke about 175-200 put them in the pit and let the fire burn out after about 3 hours. I leave them in the pit for a couple days to finish drying out. It doesn’t hurt them to air out. Great hot Smokey flavor. Good on beans meats chili tacos salad anything really.

Comment

Awesome! Hopefully my little plants can put out that many peppers one day!

Comment

Sweet! How many plants do you have? I see one in the back ground by the fence on one of the pics.

Comment

Is there anything better than pequins for a topping? Nope!!

Comment

Got 3-4. The one by the fence is the smallest. They produced late this year. I could pick for hours every couple days. I usually leave the red ones on the plants, birds pick them and make more plants for me.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter-1 View Post
                            Got 3-4. The one by the fence is the smallest. They produced late this year. I could pick for hours every couple days. I usually leave the red ones on the plants, birds pick them and make more plants for me.
                            I just made a batch this afternoon, smoked for 2 hours at 200°, got about a pint and air drying another batch.
                            My plant that I harvest won’t let me pick green ones, they have to be bright red before they’re ready to pick. Strange how plants are different, another one I have only produces BB size peppers so I’m pulling it up. I’ll agree it’s the best seasoning for everything.

Comment

I’ve got a quart bag of dehydrated habaneros if anyone might be interested in doing some trading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X