Diesel guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel guys

Bought an 01 F250 last November. The seller had just renewed registration so all I had to do was transfer it to my name. No inspection. Just got my firsts registration reveal and it says tceq program non compliance. Googled it and website says if you get that note that you cannot register the vehicle until the emissions issue is resolved.
    Any ideas on what’s up?
    It’s an 01... before def and all that new emissions stuff.

Diesel guys

What county?

Edit: looks like these are sent out for gas engines so possibly your truck got tagged as a gas truck not a diesel? The emissions crap on the website I read doesn’t say anything about it applying to diesels so I’d call the 800 number and ask some questions.

Sierracharlie out…
    Last edited by sierracharlie338; 10-22-2020, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Williamson

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
        Williamson

See my edit if you have not.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Does it have a catalytic convertor?

Comment

Thanks sierracharlie. That’s what I was thinking it may be also. On the renewal notice it says fuel type but it’s left blank. So maybe they think it’s a gas engine?

It didn’t have a cat on it when I bought it? Not sure what the previous owners may have taken off though. It was registered and inspected the month I bought it from the previous owner.

Comment

No privately owned diesel is required to have emissions testing in Texas for inspection. It is a safety inspection only to get your registration. You need to clear up that it is a diesel with txdot/dmv.

"It didn’t have a cat on it when I bought it? Not sure what the previous owners may have taken off though. "
              The exhaust can be a straight pipe w/ no muffler because it doesn't get checked on a diesel.

Comment

Been through this with mine. Go pull up the exhaust system diagram, if it came from the factory with a cat and muffler it will need to be on the vehicle to pass inspection. DPS is cracking down on inspection stations is what I've herd.

Comment

Working...
                X