Lake Charles ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Charles ?

I will be heading down to Lake Charles on Monday for work. Supposed to be there for 3 weeks. How are things down there now. We are going to be doing restoration work on phone and internet lines

Open, but they have a lot of damage. Just drove through there. Don't know about hotels and eating places.

Comment

Also the lack of news is different from this time compared to other storms.

Comment

I’m still seeing big generators moving through Beaumont headed east, I saw a couple today. It’s bad over there but you will never hear about it. Just like here during Rita, they are picking themselves up and rebuilding, apparently that doesn’t make good tv when there is no looting or roof top extractions because the people were incapable of taking care of themselves.

Comment

I went through there last weekend. I could not believe the piles of debris that were everywhere. God bless those folks!

Comment

Some parts have power back, roads are clear but there is still a lot of debris, everywhere. Most of the house debris is piled up but hasnt been hauled off and there are still a lot of huge trees down. Some big boxes are open but most places are still rebuilding. Torchy's didnt have AC, was only serving 2 styles of tacos and they had a 30 minute wait on Sunday.

Comment

Found out I will be staying at the Fairfield inn over in Sulphur. Can’t say as I remember that town. Not sure what part I will be working. I am leaving Monday if anyone might need an express.

Comment

Great people in SWLA. Catastrophic damage but the clean up and rebuilding is moving along. I'll shoot you a PM if I make a trip over in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
                  I will be heading down to Lake Charles on Monday for work. Supposed to be there for 3 weeks. How are things down there now. We are going to be doing restoration work on phone and internet lines
                  A lot of damage. I am not sure what is or isn't open. I drove through this week, personally never seen anything like it.

Some restaurants open in Sulphur. Try out Holliers, its on Ruth St. Rouses also has some good ready made meals. A pretty good meat shop there too if you want a steak.
                  Last edited by lovemylegacy; 10-23-2020, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Just got back, it's bad!

Comment

Better fill up with gas in Orange and there are no hotels in lake Charles that I could find last week. Take your foods and drinks with you .

Comment

The one bad thing about the hotel we are staying is it only has a mini fridge. I am taking a camp stove with me. Hoping to stop at Walmart or brookshire bros and get a couple things to cook and prep meals for a few days or just sandwich stuff. Hoping to only eat out maybe once a week 2 At the most.

Comment

I’m from sulphur and all my family is still there. Most places power is back up and running, Walmart Kroger brookshire bro’s rousses all groceries stores open S d running as normal. Most fast food and restaurants are open as well as gas stations. You’ll be fine getting anything you need in town.

Comment

Working...
                          X