No announcement yet.

Duck Recipe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gumbos and casseroles are the obvious ways, along with the hot skilled/grill with salt and pepper or fajita as mentioned, medium rare at most.
    For duck to be really tasty, in my opinion, it takes more preperation that i'm willing to do.
    plucking feathers and saving the skin for texture and flavor. I've had it that way and it's fabulous, but too much work for me.
    Soaking in milk and brown sugar, then wrapping in bacon and jalepeno is always good as well, but you really taste the bacon and jalepeno, so....
    Chicken frying is the worst way to eat duck in my opinion. very rarely does one not over power the duck with seasoning in the dredge.

Comment

My son and I were on a duck hunt through TYHP. They took the ducks the kids shot in the morning and marinated the breast in Stubs Pork Marinade. Then they cook them after the evening hunt on a hot fire one minute per side. I wasn’t a fan of duck before then but they were very good that night.

Comment

There's a recipe i got off of here that works great on killing the gamey taste: basically soak in a brine solution then dry the breast off completely. Next coat lightly with olive oil then cover them with Chile powder. Pan sear the breast till medium rare. The actual recipe has times on how long to cook based upon the size of the duck breast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
          Pan sear All sides on a Super hot skillet with salt then hit it with some Fresh ground pepper when almost done. Has to be rare! Medium rare is pushing it. It really is this simple, I used to feel the same as you until My buddy Showed me this.Over cooked duck is horrible and very gamey. The difference is night and day.
          This is how I do them use seafood blackened season works to. Taste like steak. Not duck.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
            Braze, and then put in a large pan and cover with canned Plums. Cook slow for about an hour or till tender.
            I do similar to this some times except I use pears. Other way I cook is stir fry with noodles and veggies. Also, like others..... my favorite is like a rare steak.

Comment

Originally posted by Wence View Post
              My son and I were on a duck hunt through TYHP. They took the ducks the kids shot in the morning and marinated the breast in Stubs Pork Marinade. Then they cook them after the evening hunt on a hot fire one minute per side. I wasn’t a fan of duck before then but they were very good that night.
              I hunted with a friend at his family's old school duck camp on Copano Bay for several years. Every trip, we cooked duck breasts over a hot mesquite fire and they were always the best I've eaten. They were soaked in a simple Worcestershire marinade all day and cooked over a very hot fire. I still not sure why the meals were so good- I'm guessing it was the atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
              X