Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making the switch from 125 gr to 100 gr BHs...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making the switch from 125 gr to 100 gr BHs...?

Been shooting 3 blade 125 gr Muzzy Trocars. Wanting to switch to a mechanical and went to pick up some rages the other day. No one has them in stock. I know I can order them, but I like to shop at my local shop.

Being that im shooting a 125 gr head now and bow is setup for them, what is the recommended way to modify my current arrows to add 25 gr up front so that I can use 100 gr heads? Ive seen the point weights, but before I order, wanted to check in to see if this is the best way and which kind to go with.

Ill be building some new arrows after the season, so not sure what point weight ill end up with next yr.

Why not use a 125 gn mechanical head ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well im having trouble finding them. But I did find that grim reaper makes some in 125, ill prob just order those.

Comment

What arrow are you shooting ? I use gold tip weights in mine.. amazon will send you broadheads in a couple days.. that's where I normally buy mine..

Comment

the NAP Spitfire is a great mechanical head, it uses an all steel ferrule which is a plus and has a pretty big cut. Most Academy stores have them in stock all the time. If you want to add weight to an existing insert both Gold Tip and Black Eagle sell tools that allow you to stack weight via the nock end of the arrow.
          Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 12-05-2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

I’m liking the zeus broadhead. It will be coming out in January in 175/200gr

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
              the NAP Spitfire is a great mechanical head, it uses an all steel ferrule which is a plus and has a pretty big cut. Most Academy stores have them in stock all the time. If you want to add weight to an existing insert both Gold Tip and Black Eagle sell tools that allow you to stack weight via the nock end of the arrow.
              I second the Spitfires, excellent broad heads.

Comment

I switched to 100s for the reason you describe. Nobody hardly carries anything in 125 in store.

Honestly you do not need to add the missing 25 grains unless you are just super ****. I shoot quite competently and at 50 i get no difference in impact with 100s vs 125s.

I wanted more weight so i just went to brass inserts when I built new arrows.

If you want to add 25 grains to your current arrows, the weights that screw into the back of your inserts are gonna be your best bet.

Comment

Just shoot the 100 grainers if that's what you find.

25 grains will make a a very slight difference that you can adjust your sights for. The arrow flight should still be good unless you were on the fringe to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                  X