Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Drooling deer? Edible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drooling deer? Edible?

I shot a doe last weekend that had a constant drool out of her lip. When she ate corn she would have to throw her head in the air to swallow it every time. Y’all think she’s fine to eat? Meat all looked fine and she looked healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely would eat it

lol

Comment

Sounds interesting, wonder if she had a stroke or something.

Comment

I’ve eaten worse

Comment

probably just real old and didn't have teeth left to chew corn. Did you look at her teeth?

Comment

I have a picture somewhere of a buck in Kansas that was acting as in a trance, standing by the fence beside the road. We stopped, and I got out, approached it, and fed it corn from my hand. It was drooling and wild-eyed. It was still there when we left. We think it had CWD or something. I would not have eaten it.

Comment

They all Salivate when they eat. So do we.

Comment

Could always submit it for cwd testing if you're worried. I'd check teeth first.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  I have a picture somewhere of a buck in Kansas that was acting as in a trance, standing by the fence beside the road. We stopped, and I got out, approached it, and fed it corn from my hand. It was drooling and wild-eyed. It was still there when we left. We think it had CWD or something. I would not have eaten it.
                  Blue Tongue, EHD, which is very rare here.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                    probably just real old and didn't have teeth left to chew corn. Did you look at her teeth?

I’ve seen old bucks have to do this very thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd guess she had a sticker or something like that lodged somewhere in her jaw and had some degree of abscess going on.

Comment

Did you have this concern when you killer her? Haaaaa. Kidding. I am in the what did mouth look like camp.

Comment

If you met a good looking chick out and she had the same tendency would you still take her home?

Theres your answer

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                            If you met a good looking chick out and she had the same tendency would you still take her home?

Theres your answer
                            Depends on how much I've drank

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post

Theres your answer
                              If she already droolin prolly best to leave her be dawg

Comment

Working...
                              X