Cummins question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cummins question.

2010 Ram 2500 is deleted. Just had oil changed at dealership and now I'm getting "Exhaust service required - see dealer now." Anybody else have this issue?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Mime showed that before I deleted it
    Catalytic converter out. Of course it was not covered. $2,500 for a new one. Took the money and deleted it instead.

Comment

That’s weird after it’s been deleted. Maybe check with someone who does the deletes and see if they can reprogram the electronics.

Comment

When I received that it was my DEF pump. So, that eliminates that. I wonder if it’s a tuner issue?
        Last edited by 12RingKing; 11-25-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Dealer didn’t flash it did they?? What tuner? My 07 has that come up, I set it back to stock then reprogram it..good for 60-70,000 miles

Comment

I have a 2010 and I've had this message for the last 6 years. I just keep on trucking and never had any problems... I'm curious what you find out though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever it needs get it done before the "you only 2 starts before engine performance is reduced" warning comes up, its serious and trust me it sucks trying to get back to home plate at 5mph?

Comment

It is the filter inside the valve cover . Dodge calls it the CCV crank case vent. Google or youtube it and you'll get all the info you want. Several easy fixes.

Comment

If it has been deleted for a while and magically is showing this message after the dealer oil change, I would question what they did. Like was mentioned earlier, they may have reflashed it. I have never seen that message in mine(355K miles)

Comment

Check to see if the dealer flashed for some update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

ttt

Comment

If the dealer flashed the computer, just uninstall and reinstall the delete program and clear the codes. You should be good after that..

Comment

Originally posted by skipetex View Post
                          It is the filter inside the valve cover . Dodge calls it the CCV crank case vent. Google or youtube it and you'll get all the info you want. Several easy fixes.
                          This! Go to the Cummins parts house and pick up a new one for under a hundred bucks. Takes less that 20 minutes to replace with very little mechanical skills required. YouTube video on how to do it. Dodge house wants 3-400.00 to do it.

Comment

Check to see if they flashed it.

What did you pay for an oil change? The dodge house down the road changed my oil last time for 90 bucks with Rotella T4 and Mopar Filters. Through in a free tire rotation. Pretty good deal I thought.

Comment

My (I mean, I have a friend that has an) '09 3500 is deleted and I still get DPF full every few months or so, hard to fill up when its not there. I just re-install my tuner and it goes away. Not sure if this is the right thing to do but it has worked for a couple years now, fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                              X