East texas hog panels ? Help !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East texas hog panels ? Help !!

After batteling hogs all year handcorning im about ready to give up. Has anyone in east texas area had any luck with with big deer getting in the pin to eat ? It would be worth the 400 bucks if it works i think. Im thinking 12 16ft panels ?

You will get yes answers and no answers. I was in the no crowd. I only used 8 panels and the deer wouldn't jump in. I think I'm gonna try again with at least 12.

Comment

I fought this same fight for years being stubborn, thinking mature deer would'nt jump in them in East Tx... Boy was I wrong! I wish I would've done it years ago! I bought 48" tall panels and cut them in half length ways to make it easier to get in and out for the deer, and a little easier on my wallet. I used 10 panels to start and ended up with 20 after cutting them. Good luck

Originally posted by txskayaker86 View Post
      After batteling hogs all year handcorning im about ready to give up. Has anyone in east texas area had any luck with with big deer getting in the pin to eat ? It would be worth the 400 bucks if it works i think. Im thinking 12 16ft panels ?
      Last edited by bollomb; 11-25-2019, 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Worth it for sure. Just build it big.

Comment

Definitely worth it.

Comment

Nope

If you build it they will come! Majority of mine were jumping in within 24-48 hrs
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys .. I have really been on the fence about it. I think im going to try it this neat year and just see what happens.

Comment

I too like the bigger pens. If they are built big as seen in the other pictures above. It allows bucks to enter without crowding.

Comment

Our deer took about two weeks to jump in and start eating again. After that it was business as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    You will get yes answers and no answers. I was in the no crowd. I only used 8 panels and the deer wouldn't jump in. I think I'm gonna try again with at least 12.
                    Eight panels
                    Attached Files

Comment

This one won’t ever jump in again though. Eight panels on it too.
                      Attached Files

Comment

All my hand corn is inside short pens. Very small pe s work just fine for me. I'm talking 16 x16.

Comment

Shall I go on ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice !! Im not getting my hopes up but fingers crossed. Should i put it up right after season or just wait until this summer ? I guess the sooner the better.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                              I fought this same fight for years being stubborn, thinking mature deer would'nt jump in them in East Tx... Boy was I wrong! I wish I would've done it years ago! I bought 48" tall panels and cut them in half length ways to make it easier to get in and out for the deer, and a little easier on my wallet. I used 10 panels to start and ended up with 20 after cutting them. Good luck
                              So a 2 foot tall pen will keep the pigs out? I am surprised this is tall enough. I need to do this I am covered up with pigs.

Comment

Working...
                              X