No announcement yet.

Youth Weekend 2019...Let's See'em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter Rylie is 11 and finally able to get her first deer! This morning was so awesome and made this dad beyond proud! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0293.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	24596459Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0290.JPG
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	24596458Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0289.JPG
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	24596457

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zhall View Post
      Greyson is ready for tomorrow morning. We just finished up shooting steel @ 90 yrds. Solid and ready to go. Hope to have his first deer on the ground tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow young man. Aim small miss small

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter28 View Post
        My daughter Rylie is 11 and finally able to get her first deer! This morning was so awesome and made this dad beyond proud! [ATTACH]977778[/ATTACH][ATTACH]977777[/ATTACH][ATTACH]977776[/ATTACH]

Niiiiiiiice!!!! Good shootin little lady. Congrats to both of yall

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          Congratulations to lil quacker what a shot!
          He texted again. Switched tactics and arrow away on another. We'll see

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            He texted again. Switched tactics and arrow away on another. We'll see

Dang he hunts like he fishes!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Dang he hunts like he fishes!

[emoji1787][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                So tempting...

Skim that sucker...

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                  Skim that sucker...

He’s not quite what we’re looking for, hope he comes back later when my wife is on the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket15 View Post
                    Mine got her first deer this morning.

Thats gotta be the cutest pic Ive ever seen.
                    Great job Dad!!

Comment

My other nephew. Big 6

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket15 View Post
                        Mine got her first deer this morning.

My wife said she wants gold rubber boots!!!

This thread makes my heart warm and brings a smile to my face. Wife and I sittin on the patio over a fire enjoying the pics and the weather.

This right here is why we do it fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                          My other nephew. Big 6

Daaaaaaang. Congrats!!!!

Comment

We got a late start this morning, arrived at the farm a few minutes after 7. Snuck down to the leaning tree where we decided to sit, and there were 2 doe at the feeder. The tree is roughly 175 yards from the feeder, I wasn’t really expecting to have to make that long of a shot. But Riley was itching to drop one, but I talked him into waiting a little while to see what else showed up.

Around 7:45, we had a Grey fox headed our way with a coon in his jaws, but Riley decided he didn’t want to kill a fox, said if it had been a coyote he would have dropped it we watched the doe for a few more minutes, and they drifted off to the east behind a yuapon thicket, and he got a little bummed out. He said “dad, if they step back out, I’m not waiting any longer” okay, bud...we’ll see what happens

A few minutes later, a wide buck with short tines came out and hit the feeder. He decided that one will work, so he set up on the leaning tree for the shot. Off to our right, a coyote came out, headed straight for us. I warned him that the coyote might veer off toward the deer, just focus on the buck getting broadside, and squeeze one off while I watched the coyote. As I’m watching the coyote come closer at a steady trot, in my peripheral I see a buck stretched out, nose to the doe’s tail, coming from the backside of us at a steady trot. It had better tine length, but wasn’t near as wide as the one at the feeder. Riley glanced back and decided “I’ll take that one, he’s closer and looks better” so he turned around, readied the rifle against the side of the tree behind him, followed as the buck slowed down, and when he stopped to lick his nose, Riley squeezed off and dropped him in his tracks we high fived, hugged, quietly celebrated...and then Riley notices that the doe didn’t take off.

He looked at me and said “she’s just waiting for me, dad” I smiled at him and told him “go ahead and take her”, that was all he needed to hear. He racked another shell in, steadied himself, and as soon as she turned broadside he laid her down in her tracks

A heck of a morning, after a few years of tough hunting for us together. He killed a 157” two years ago while hunting with his moms family, and while I was elated for him, I hated that I wasn’t physically there to enjoy that moment with him. Today was a phenomenal experience for me...I’m as proud as can be, even tho the buck may only break 100” or so. The whole morning was memorable, and will be a day I will cherish forever

It’s been a great thread to read, enjoyed every account posted as well as the photos this day is what it’s all about to me...seeing kids outdoors enjoying the love of hunting and being out in creation is something special to me. I’m glad that my son loves it, and he is ready to focus on his backyard bucks that he has on camera I hope he never loses the blood pumping thrill of just watching wildlife, it’s such a joy to watch

Comment

Congrats to All The Kids That Have Had Success and Good Luck to Everyone Still Looking

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                                We got a late start this morning, arrived at the farm a few minutes after 7. Snuck down to the leaning tree where we decided to sit, and there were 2 doe at the feeder. The tree is roughly 175 yards from the feeder, I wasn’t really expecting to have to make that long of a shot. But Riley was itching to drop one, but I talked him into waiting a little while to see what else showed up.

Around 7:45, we had a Grey fox headed our way with a coon in his jaws, but Riley decided he didn’t want to kill a fox, said if it had been a coyote he would have dropped it we watched the doe for a few more minutes, and they drifted off to the east behind a yuapon thicket, and he got a little bummed out. He said “dad, if they step back out, I’m not waiting any longer” okay, bud...we’ll see what happens

A few minutes later, a wide buck with short tines came out and hit the feeder. He decided that one will work, so he set up on the leaning tree for the shot. Off to our right, a coyote came out, headed straight for us. I warned him that the coyote might veer off toward the deer, just focus on the buck getting broadside, and squeeze one off while I watched the coyote. As I’m watching the coyote come closer at a steady trot, in my peripheral I see a buck stretched out, nose to the doe’s tail, coming from the backside of us at a steady trot. It had better tine length, but wasn’t near as wide as the one at the feeder. Riley glanced back and decided “I’ll take that one, he’s closer and looks better” so he turned around, readied the rifle against the side of the tree behind him, followed as the buck slowed down, and when he stopped to lick his nose, Riley squeezed off and dropped him in his tracks we high fived, hugged, quietly celebrated...and then Riley notices that the doe didn’t take off.

He looked at me and said “she’s just waiting for me, dad” I smiled at him and told him “go ahead and take her”, that was all he needed to hear. He racked another shell in, steadied himself, and as soon as she turned broadside he laid her down in her tracks

A heck of a morning, after a few years of tough hunting for us together. He killed a 157” two years ago while hunting with his moms family, and while I was elated for him, I hated that I wasn’t physically there to enjoy that moment with him. Today was a phenomenal experience for me...I’m as proud as can be, even tho the buck may only break 100” or so. The whole morning was memorable, and will be a day I will cherish forever

It’s been a great thread to read, enjoyed every account posted as well as the photos this day is what it’s all about to me...seeing kids outdoors enjoying the love of hunting and being out in creation is something special to me. I’m glad that my son loves it, and he is ready to focus on his backyard bucks that he has on camera I hope he never loses the blood pumping thrill of just watching wildlife, it’s such a joy to watch
                                Congrats!!! Big moments like that are lifelong memories.

Comment

Working...
                                X