World Record Axis....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Record Axis....

The hunt started off with me having this axis on camera.

Fast forward to Saturday pm. Check the covert ( since it quit sending pics again) and unfortunately the last few days no axis at all. So kinda discouraged. However went ahead and brushed in my pop up blind and went back for lunch. On the way out I had 3 axis jump in front of me so I grabbed my rifle out and started stalking. Ended up getting to close and they jumped off. So in hopes they were headed to get water I hurried and got in my blind. It wasn’t 10 minutes went by and I caught a glimpse of horns on the trees. As he poked around in the opening by the water he seen my newly brushed in blind and didn’t like it. He jumped and bolted. I may have shed a tear at that moment but the curiousness got to him and he stopped and looked back. I squeezed it off and heard the thump of my trusty ol 25/06. I was pumped I just shot the World Record Axis!!! I called and texted and was a wreck. After a 14hr wait (30 minutes) I got out and looked. I went real slow. Didn’t see any blood but knew he did not go far. Good news he didn’t, bad news I jumped him up and he took off. CRAP! I just ruined my chances. As he ran off my heart sank. I eased over to where he ran from and was bedded. Not a single drop of blood. I missed him??? No way. So went back to the blind and waited another 30 minutes. Grabbed more bullets and my binos and knew I was going on a stalking mission. Another 14hrs (30 minutes) passed and I went. Walked up to where I jumped him and started glassing. Heart racing I spotted an antler sticking up. I took my shoes off and crept closer to get a clear shot. This took 15 minutes to make it 15 yds. I realized that he wasn’t moving so start throwing rocks to see if he would flinch and noting. It finally settled in that I got the World Record Axis!!!! As I walked up I seen I hit him a little further back but it did the trick. I was super pumped and although I then realized it wasn’t a World Record it was in my eyes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, what a buck!

Comment

Huge congrats! Mass on that thing looks unreal.

Comment

Jeez. Heck of a buck!

Comment

That is one cool buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats !

Comment

Very cool glad for you. He's definitely got a wide rack. Congrats to you.

Comment

Great buck! Congrats!

Comment

Awesome Axis congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beast!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Toad!

Comment

World record or not, that's a great trophy.

Comment

That is a great Axis. Love the mass, and cottles.

Comment

Wow! He's a nice one. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X