Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent entry level.

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer-Dragon

You can upgrade the graphics card, add an SSD drive and memory later.

This does not come with a monitor or speakers.

We need kids that know how to hunt and fish and fight back for the right on the computer.

Comment

Vga

VGA is real

My nephew is on this path

Comment

Originally posted by tonyterry View Post
        Zebco 33

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        This ...might be my favorite post of 2019 so far.

As far as actual computers I've been so far removed from gaming for the last few years I have no idea what top of the line is anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          Alot more ADVICE then fun

Save that $700 and invest it for his future. Or on a hunting or fishing trip.

He will get alot more use out of it.

But some parents can't say no, and don't want to hurt their kids feelings.
          A lot. Than.

You can play on the computer, play outdoors, and not be illiterate.

Comment

Take the $1000 you would spend on gaming computer, put it into an checking account, give him ideas to make a profit off of it. Help him understand deposits and withdrawls. Could be mowing grass, investing in something, or maybe blowing it all on something dumb, but he will learn decision making has consequences, both good and bad. Tell him if he can make X percent gain in a 3 year period you'll give him a certain percentage bonus. Teach him entrepreneurship and responsibility. If you are willing to spend money on a "gaming computer" why not invest it in him and help him along the way. Obviously this wont work for every kid, but if it does you might have the next multimilionaire as a son. Plus he will be doing something more productive than playing video games.
            Last edited by N.DaWoods; 04-27-2019, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
              John Deere zero turn.
              Nope
              Murray Push Lawn Mower

Comment

I would think if you bought parts and built it with him it might be cool. Not sure 600 will be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not what you wanted to hear. But no Computer. My opinion.

Comment

So many with the "no computer" replies as they're posting on a web based forum. We've got to do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                      So many with the "no computer" replies as they're posting on a web based forum. We've got to do better.
                      Exactly what I was thinking.

Everybody here is on the internet doing something they enjoy with people that have similar interests. But, want to tell a kid they shouldnt play a game on the internet with kids that have similar interests.

It's all about finding a balance.

Social/spiritual/educational/recreational times will be different for every kid.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                        Most guys on here have nothing better to while at work

Plus most of the P&Y members became P&Y though internet addiction so maybe they are trying to help before it spreads
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-27-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

For y'all worried about him not get out enough.
                          Digging in at the lease.
                          WARNING: There will be pics tomorrow of him riding his dirt bike without helmet or riding gear.
                          He will be around water without a flotation device.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

well I think there are some games which will bring fun to the kid and enhance their knowledge & IQ as well. I have mentioned a few name as I am familiar with, you can try with these, but remember there are many more in the market or internet.

*The Oregon Trail
                            *Nancy Drew Interactive Mysteries
                            *Wordscapes
                            *Zoombinis
                            *National Geographic Challenge
                            *The Little Big Planet series

Enjoy !

Comment

Maybe a telescope, or perhaps metal detector...…

Comment

It’s kinda funny to hear all the “get him outside” and other ways to raise your child. There are kids making 100k plus a year gaming. If it’s what he loves and his passion there’s nothing wrong with it. Hell I'm 39 and occasionally waste a day playing something stupid. You can be an avid outdoorsman and still enjoy games. Many of these guys saying “get him Outdoors” also post about watching Yellowstone or some other show. Not much difference.

As to your question I’d prob find a good nearby computer shop and see about getting one built. That way when it has issues you have someone to work on it and you can keep it upgraded in coming years. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X