6.8 western

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.8 western

When I thought my 6.5 prc could do it all, now this: https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2021/...tern-cartridge

Serious Question: What does it do that a 7mm WSM can't? (besides get people to buy more guns/ammo)

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
      Serious Question: What does it do that a 7mm WSM can't? (besides get people to buy more guns/ammo)
      Shoot .277 caliber bullets? Sorry couldn’t resist.

Comment

YES!! My 270 shawty is finally back in style!!

Comment

Close to a 270wsm with less overbore.

Comment

It looks like they took a 270 WSM and made it a 6.8 WSM because calibers with a 6.something are all the rage right now.
            Based on ammo offerings they are really pushing for heavier projectiles but thats about the only difference.
            Last edited by tlh2865; 01-15-2021, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
              Shoot .277 caliber bullets? Sorry couldn’t resist.
              LOL

Comment

Its a slightly shortened 270 WSM case and fast twist barrel. It's a good package, but due to the small market for heavy pills in that caliber I think it will be a niche chambering.

Comment

Would have made more since doing a 7 western, due to bullet choices.

Originally posted by canny View Post
                  Its a slightly shortened 270 WSM case and fast twist barrel. It's a good package, but due to the small market for heavy pills in that caliber I think it will be a niche chambering.

Comment

I hope the bullet manufacturers start producing more heavy for caliber bullets across the board. Would love to see some of the big names offer some heavy .257 options.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                      I hope the bullet manufacturers start producing more heavy for caliber bullets across the board. Would love to see some of the big names offer some heavy .257 options.
                      They don’t because for years most barrels were slow twist on factory guns

Comment

Beat me to it. This was my first thought. My second thought is why, when they can't keep up with the demand for any caliber, are they introducing yet another one?

Comment

It would've been better if they'd just legitimize the 7 saum and offer it in a mainstream production rifle

Comment

Originally posted by GigEm'15 View Post
                            It would've been better if they'd just legitimize the 7 saum and offer it in a mainstream production rifle
                            The 7 SAUM is the best of all the previous short action magnums.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              They don’t because for years most barrels were slow twist on factory guns
                              You mean just like 308, 224, 284, and 264 chamberings were?

Comment

Working...
                              X