Comment

#2 for me in 7-08 or 308

Comment

#3 sounds great!

Comment

#3 is starting to grow on me!

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
            It absolutely doesn't have to be one of my ideas. I just threw a few out there to get started.
            What does barrel and stock availability look like?

Comment

Robert what would you have in mind as a "select cartridge" for the #2 option that would be a hammer on coyotes? I've been looking for a new lightweight calling rifle. I do lots of walking doing my daytime calling. Really like the performance I get with a 243 shooting an 87 VMAX, would like a cartridge similar in performance to that.

Comment

Will be watching to see how # 2 unfolds. Not sure about the stock but I’d like an 18” to 20” 6 creed for the boys.

Comment

I would like to see a modern version of a classic hunter. McWoody stock carbon fiber barrel in 7mm-08 for me or even 30.06

Comment

I would be in for #1 or #2.

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
                      #2 hands down. Maybe in 6.5 Grendel, the ultimate pig killer!
                      I would have a hard time staying away from a build like this. But a #3 .22 LR depending on price would also be a potential. But a sub 6lb 6.5 grendel finished weight rifle would be fantastic for running the hills chasing spot and stalking critters in Texas. Or for even just cruising around in the truck with.

Comment

I like #1 and really like #2, but... i have plenty of rifles to hunt with in Texas so i'm looking for something to take some Elk in Colorado or Utah soon. Something with a carbon barrel.

Edit to add: I need an adjustable comb! I can never get a good cheek weld on a non-adjustable stock.
                        Last edited by SNKETR; 12-11-2020, 08:50 AM.

Comment

FWIW

There are .22 long range matches popping up all over locally, Robert showed me his .22lr ideas and he and his guys got it dialed in. .22LR matches are FUN !!

There is a lot more ballistic data becoming available , so these LONG shots are REALLY possible and Fun.

Looks like a lot of yall see this too in your requests.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                            In for Option #2 in a short action caliber like 6.5 or 7-08.

Question: Can this be done on a Rem 700 action? Can I use my own action to save some cash on the build?
                            The TBH builds specify a certain action and a few choice components as a way to offer a true custom at a better than market price.

Last year he did a run of TBH options with customer supplied actions. If you want to use your own action I'd recommend contacting them and draw up a plan of exactly what you want.

Comment

I'm going to amend my suggestion for #2 and say it needs to have minimum 18" preferably 20" to increase performance of the SA rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                                I would like to see a modern version of a classic hunter. McWoody stock carbon fiber barrel in 7mm-08 for me or even 30.06
                                x2

Comment

Working...
                                X