New place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BosqueTech View Post
    I heard somewhere that cutting down willows near tanks could cause damage to the tank?
    I think that relates to having trees growing on a pond dam and their roots causing leaks in the dam. I don't have a dam on my place...its a 15 acre hole.

Comment

Man this is awesome!!! Ur own private fishing paradise!

Comment

Years and years of fun ahead for your family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome looking lake sir, great idea with the smallmouth.

Comment

Trying to get a few projects done for the lake while stuck at home.

Making some natural brush piles. Cut some of my Montezuma Cypress limbs from my front trees.

Think I'll make the next base form a little smaller so we can lift the dang thing in the boat....these are heavy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great work Steve!

Comment

Steve I think your chain saw method is better but that will work to. If you have mesquite use that. Bass love mesquite.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  Steve I think your chain saw method is better but that will work to. If you have mesquite use that. Bass love mesquite.
                  Yeah cutting those willows on-site is very effective and easy. The only thing is they don't reach some of the deep water in the middle of the lake.

I've got a few mesquite saplings coming up but I don't think I have any decent sized ones...but I'll check next time out.

Comment

And we have a slab. They drilled piers in the back side because of the slope.

Last edited by unclefish; 04-10-2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Fabulous Steve!! Just getting better!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                        Fabulous Steve!! Just getting better!
                        Thanks bud.

Comment

This is a really neat project. Congrats and in to follow for the future!

Comment

My builder said the electric gate kept opening and closing every 30 seconds when the concrete truck was there so I went to check it out.

I think the heavy concrete truck was causing the vibration sensor to act up. Once they left its now working great.

I made 3 brush piles and dumped them today on a couple of humps on the main Lake.

Comment

Ended up fishing for 2 hours and caught 10. All on a whopper plopper. Still some decent LM in there.

Dang smallmouth are some agressive fish. This little dude didn't care how big the WP was....he annihilated it.

I apologize for all the ugly in these pics. [emoji846]

Comment

Next time we are going to build brush piles on site instead of transporting them. Brandon A suggested cutting mesquite and I found some perfect trees today.

Released a couple hundred threadfin shad today as well. Gonna make sure we have a good shad population and will put several thousand more shad in by next weekend. The shad spawn has started and will go on all month so hopefully they will make some fry in the lake.

Last edited by unclefish; 04-11-2020, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X