Prayer Request: Be a Better Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer Request: Be a Better Man

One thing that has always impressed me about the GS is the prayer. I'm asking for some prayers for myself if y'all don't mind.

I grew up in church, but have really strayed from the Lord the last few years. I want to be a better husband, father, son, brother and friend.

It's sad to say, but there are times I feel burned out on having quiet time or spending time with Him.

Please pray for me to come out of this dry season.

I appreciate all of you.

Don’t feel too bad, I feel similar, been trying to be a better husband, father, and son lately. I have been rushing through life and not spending enough time with God to help me be the man I’d like to. God, we come together in prayer for this man. We know we need to spend more time focusing and being with you than things in this world that distract us. We ask for your forgiveness, strength, comfort, guidance and perseverance in all of our journey to be better men. That we try more to be the Christian men we are called to be. Praying all this through your son, our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Comment

Im in the same boat with you feller's. I have been trying a lot harder to be a better husband and a better father, BUT I too have strayed away worrying too much about life such as my wifes health and finances instead of giving my worries to God and letting him do what he does best. I catch myself trying to fix things i have no control over as well as things I do have control over instead of giving my worries to him. Father God be with each of us that have the desire to be better men not just for our families lord but most importantly for you. Father we ask that you give us the strength, knowledge, faith and wisdom to become fishers of men for you. It is your precious son's name we pray. AMEN

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Prayers up for you specifically brother- as well as all of us who strive to let go. I’m rereading one of the I am Second books right now and it’s a great reminder that everything else will be taken care of as long as we put our faith and our trust where it needs to be.

I commend you for seeking prayer- not enough men in our culture or society know how to ask for help.... they think it shows weakness..... that in itself is an epidemic worse than anything else we face. The strongest men I have known know how to find and admit their faults and seek guidance from other Godly men who want to pour into them.

Iron sharpens Iron brother.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post

I commend you for seeking prayer- not enough men in our culture or society know how to ask for help.... they think it shows weakness..... that in itself is an epidemic worse than anything else we face. The strongest men I have known know how to find and admit their faults and seek guidance from other Godly men who want to pour into them.

Iron sharpens Iron brother.
              100%

I have a group I do lunch with on most Fridays and just have open table discussions (anything from the bible to to hunting to college ball)and it is a no judgement zone with plenty of compassion and caring and it has helped me tremendously in my journey.

Comment

Prayers for you and any honest believer on here knows they need the same, I know I do.

Comment

Praying for you right now. I dont know what your feelings are on this subject, but i would suggest you do a reset by fasting and praying. There are many fasts out there, but sometimes just 3 days of complete fast can change everything if you truly seek God in that time.

Comment

Originally posted by wdixon View Post
                    100%

I have a group I do lunch with on most Fridays and just have open table discussions (anything from the bible to to hunting to college ball)and it is a no judgement zone with plenty of compassion and caring and it has helped me tremendously in my journey.
                    I don't have this and have been disappointed by my previous attempts at accountability. I never was consistent enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown County Man View Post
                      Praying for you right now. I dont know what your feelings are on this subject, but i would suggest you do a reset by fasting and praying. There are many fasts out there, but sometimes just 3 days of complete fast can change everything if you truly seek God in that time.
                      Yes sir. I'm a believer of fasting. I think you are right. I've always shied away from it because it's hard and I've made it a habit to be comfortable and complacent. Sounds like that needs to change!

Comment

Prayer sent.

Comment

JR, just approach GOD as a friend, just "walk and talk" with him. No pressure. He died for your sins, all of your sins, just relax and love the LORD.

Yes, prayers for you.

Comment

Prayer sent for you

Comment

Prayers Up!!

Comment

Working...
                              X