Tracking Dog - Beeville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    I will be in the dissent. :-). Recovered within 75 yards of last blood. The again, I don't know terrain and your buddy may have seen where he ran with no visible blood. This is why I don't gamble/bet. Good luck on recovery! No meat or bone found?.

Me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man oh man, that south Texas brush is THICK. We followed that dog through the nastiest, thorniest junk I’ve ever been through. Where we found the last blood was it... after that, nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing. Carroll reset the dog 3-4 times and it just wasn’t happening. Buddy says it was the biggest deer he’s ever shot at... oh well, that’s hunting I guess. Everyone seems to be in the same boat that he’s gonna live so hopefully that’s the case.

Wish I had better news but thank you guys for the advice and contacts.

Comment

Dang.
        Hope he makes it and your buddy gets another shot.

Comment

Blood, when it squirts into itself on the ground makes a foamy froth. Lung blood is much pinker.
          I’ve seen frothy blood on many brisket, leg and hindquarters shots as well as botched neck shots.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
            Man oh man, that south Texas brush is THICK. We followed that dog through the nastiest, thorniest junk I’ve ever been through. Where we found the last blood was it... after that, nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing. Carroll reset the dog 3-4 times and it just wasn’t happening. Buddy says it was the biggest deer he’s ever shot at... oh well, that’s hunting I guess. Everyone seems to be in the same boat that he’s gonna live so hopefully that’s the case.

Again, another reason I don’t bet. Often wrong, never in doubt is my mantra. Was hoping he was piled up close in the brush. Oooof.

Comment

Go look at the pond creek river

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                Blood, when it squirts into itself on the ground makes a foamy froth. Lung blood is much pinker.
                I’ve seen frothy blood on many brisket, leg and hindquarters shots as well as botched neck shots.
                Yep classic for low neck. He might live over it. 50/50

Comment

Tracking Dog - Beeville

Originally posted by Halfmoon View Post
                  You can try Justin Dixon... - 361-571-0171

Best team in Texas

Sorry to hear y’all couldn’t find him

Last edited by bowfishin fool; 01-05-2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post

I just got back from hunting north of Beeville, just west of Mineral on Hwy 623. Yeas, that is the nastiest, thickest, thorniest brush anywhere!!!

Where exactly in Beeville County were you hunting...road?

Comment

No way! I would have bet that deer is dead close by

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          I just got back from hunting north of Beeville, just west of Mineral on Hwy 623. Yeas, that is the nastiest, thickest, thorniest brush anywhere!!!

Where exactly in Beeville County were you hunting...road?
                          I’ve hunted and trailed deer all over Texas. All corners of the hill country, east Texas and areas between hondo and cotulla. A few years ago I went to a track in Karnes county, which is just north of Bee. It was the worst brush I’ve ever seen in my life. You could not stand up. There were no game trails to walk on and you could not crawl under it because there was so much thorny **** on the ground. We all came out tore up and bleeding. It made golden triangle brush look like a cake walk. I’ll never go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                            I’ve hunted and trailed deer all over Texas. All corners of the hill country, east Texas and areas between hondo and cotulla. A few years ago I went to a track in Karnes county, which is just north of Bee. It was the worst brush I’ve ever seen in my life. You could not stand up. There were no game trails to walk on and you could not crawl under it because there was so much thorny **** on the ground. We all came out tore up and bleeding. It made golden triangle brush look like a cake walk. I’ll never go back.
                            You are correct! Every bush, and I mwan EVERY bush, jas torns, much of it cat claw, or whatever it's called, that grabs you like a cat, and you cannot just pull loose. You have to back out. And yes, the stuff that grows low along the ground will puncture normal tires. It cannot be avoided.

Comment

Buddy wants to go track again today to see if we missed something but I’m gonna try to convince him that the best thing he could do is to sit his butt in that stand and see if he shows back up. I think that deer is still alive.

What do y’all think? I mean, if a dog was unsuccessful the more we tromp around that brush the worse we make it. Y’all agree?

Plus, I’m done with that brush. My arms look like I got into a fight with a cat and I buried a thorn to my kneecap and it hurts like a mofo.

Comment

I don’t blame him for not giving up, but I think at this point all you can do is check water sources, watch for buzzards, and maybe run some fence lines. Watch for coyotes blowing out of an area.

Comment

Working...
                                X