Going from 70# to 60#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going from 70# to 60#

Just got VXR. awesome bow. Got 70# mods right now but going down to 60. Wanna shoot more. Will there be a noticeable decrease in performance and any issues using grim reaper mechanicals. ?? I have 29 inch draw

Also, I am shooting Easton 340. 3 2”blazers, 125 grain grim reapers. Aluminum inserts. With a 27.5” shaft. How do I figure out total grains. ?

Thx in advance

JJ

Will be 415gr ...ish

As far as performance, you will loose 20fps

Comment

It'll still be lethal.

Comment

Nuff said. Thx bros.

Comment

I went down to a 60# bow this year bc of my shoulder and I won’t shoot mechanical anymore. The energy (in my opinion) drops to much. I went with wasp dart and they were more accurate than my hypodermics anyways and cheaper.

Comment

As long as you have enough weight, say over 400 grains, you will be fine. I do prefer scary sharp fixed heads though. It is said the difference in 60# and 70# is how far the arrow buries in the dirt AFTER passing through your deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For whitetail and small hogs you’ll be fine with a smaller mechanical. Don’t expect to shoot a 250 lb hog in the shoulder and get great penetration though. Yes you can kill them and plenty of people that have but don’t expect that outcome.

Comment

Drop the draw weight and increase the arrow weight . It seems to work for the ranch fairy .

Comment

Originally posted by ferguson81 View Post
                  Drop the draw weight and increase the arrow weight . It seems to work for the ranch fairy .
                  good info on his youtube page
                  My goal is to help you be more successful when you actually hook something or when arrows hit something! No B.S. NO clickbait, extreme logic, and you'll learn something. Or just be stupid forever. . 105225 SUBSCRIBE! I post videos when I damn well please. Because? Well, actually going hunting and getting the shot on video.....isn't the same as shooting bricks in your basement for clickbait, on a schedule to keep your Instagram friends happy. The Ranch Fairy has a test lab open 24/7 365 days. For real testing, in real hunting and fishing situations. Contact me to discuss your ideas. troy@ranchfairy.com

Comment

My set up is dang near identical to yours.. 60lbs 29" draw but in a Traverse. I'm shooting a 425 grain arrow and getting passthroughs on deer.

Second shot was 33 yards... through the back of the front shoulders

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV1YzgCnd0w"]Skimmer No Brows - YouTube[/ame]
                    Last edited by Smart; 02-21-2020, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X