IDAHOBOWMANS' Diamond C Bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDAHOBOWMANS' Diamond C Bowhunting

Had the pleasure to meet Skylar (IDAHOBOWMAN) and his family at their new bowhunting ranch (Diamond C Bowhunting) just south of Caddo (Stephens County). He gave me the grand tour and I must say that I don't think I have ever seen a place set up as well as this one for being able to go out and enjoy bowhunting up close and personal. This would be THE PERFECT place to introduce your wife, kids, or any beggining archer to bowhunting. Most of the shots to the feeders are anywhere from 10 - 20 yards. He has plenty of hogs, and while driving around we saw rams and fallow deer. He has a very nice stock tank with perch, catfish, and bass. The accomodations are great whether you are wanting a weekend away with just you and your spouse or a weekend with the guys. One cabin has a large bed with kitchen and full bath while the other cabin on premises has bunk beds galore along with a kitchen area in it as well. If you are looking for a place to take the wife or kids, or just get away by yourself for the weekend I would contact Skylar at Diamond C. Him and his family are great folks with a great hunting operation. www.texasbowhunt.com

If I recall correctly, isn't the property fairly small? I don't intend that to be negative, just checking to see if it was the same place I thought it was. I was thinking like a half-section or so. When did it reopen(or did it ever close during the change over)?

Comment

The ranch is 100 low fenced acres and they are trying to purchase 160 additional acres that borders them.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Codie. It was a pleasure meeting you hope you enjoyed the place. We have worked hard the last few week to get everything up and running. We have tones of hog and some very nice rams.

Comment

Sounds like a great place to take a young hunter.

Comment

For a 100 acre ranch they are WAY TOO PROUD of their animals!!!!! WOW HIGH DOLLAR TROPHY FEES if you ask me.

Comment

Maglite, Let me ask you, What do you think is a fair trophy fee.

Comment

I can tell you that I personally think that yours are high! Im sorry and Im not trying to start anything but when you charge a 700 dollar trophy fee plus a 350 dollar charge for a bronze medal you are way too high!!!

Comment

Rams & Goats
                  Bronze Medal $700
                  Silver Medal $800
                  Gold Medal $900

Any up front fee paid on a goat or ram will be credited to your trophy fee, if a trophy ram or goat is killed

Example: If you pay $375 for a ram and kill a silver medal ram you would only owe an additional $425 trophy fee.

Comment

It is 350 for any ram that does not score. If you pay 350 and kill a bigger ram you only pay the balance of bronze,silver or gold.

Let me know if that is better. Thanks

Comment

diamond c -----lots of hogs

I have hunted on alot of ranches, ---- DIAMOND C RANCH had the most hogs I have ever seen . It's a awsome place to hunt, and the oppurtunity to shoot a huge hog seemed to be everywhere.

The trophy fees for the rams to me dont seem out of the realm--- the ranch had several full curl rams that would not make the bronze , so if i had choosen to shoot the bigger ones, i'd have been happy to pay the extra fee. most of the other ranches i've hunted on had either higher initial fees, or big or bigger trophy fees.........

Comment

OK, not to sound like I am totally out of the loop here but Idahobawman are you a new owner of the Diamond C ?

Comment

Yes I do.

Comment

whakm your avatar was it taken at busyb? looks like the cleaning shed in pic?

Comment

I had hunted Diamond C before(been a couple of years) and to be quite honest my group was less than impressed. We didn't see that many hogs(in fact one guy didn't see any from the stands) and we had a little trouble with our "guide"(slept in and drove around the place while we were hunting) . I'm glad to see it's in new hands and that, from the sound of it, you've made it a great place to hunt. Good Luck and I'll make plans to return and give it another try for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X