Nacodogches Area Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nacodogches Area Shooting

I'm new to the Nacodogches area and go to Stephen F. Austin State University. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good bow ranges to shoot at (seeings how we can't shoot at school) or any up coming 3D target tournaments around the area.

Tyler has a club. The old club is at the North side of Lake Nacogdoches. My brother lives there and he said they were trying to start having shoots again this year.

Comment

Insta-cash Pawn on South Street has a great archery shop in it. Im not sure if they have a range though. The shop is pretty small, but the guy behind the counter will treat you right. Just dont get thrown when you walk in there and hear his accent. Hes a Britt.

Comment

^^ Thank you guys!

Comment

Sadly, there used to be a great 3-D range (field range before that) near SFA at lake Nac. Guy named Carrol (sp?) had an archery shop at the intersection of the W. loop and the hwy. to the lake when I was going to school there from '87 to 92. I loved shooting out there. Shot in many 3-D events back when they were 2D! ha, ha. I can still recall the very first "real" 3-D targets the club got. Some of those old Nacogdoches bowhunters trophies are still some of my proudest archery trophies because I was a kid competing in the traditional division with a lot of older guys. Those were good times.

Sorry you don't have that around now.

BTW, I just shot a demonstration at the school in Fayetteville. My wife teaches there now. Small world.

John

Comment

My apologies for reviving a 3 month old thread, but did LonestarRebel ever find a place to shoot? I go to SFA as well, and while it's perfectly legal to shoot a bow within the city limits, shooting my compound bow in a heavily trafficked area such as the one I am in isn't the smartest idea in the world.

Comment

Working...
            X