No announcement yet.

Peep Turning when I draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wifes bow does the same thing she usually uses her chin to twist the peep back around. Yea we gotta get to a shop soon but none are real close or at least that im aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by caseys95m3 View Post
      Many will flag this as a terrible idea, and yes, expensive one as well, but I'm a big fan of the Anchor Sight. Its a bow mounted "scope like" sight that you mount either below or above your sight pin housing. You set it to you natural anchor point, which shouldn't change in most every situation. Once its set appropriately, you reference it while at full draw, make slight hand torque/anchor point adjustments ensuring you're making the most consistent shot every single time.

I had a constant peep twisting problem after having two sets of tubing snap on me in the field. One time it was old, the other time it was too short and also tied incorrectly. Obviously avoidable, but I decided to eliminate it all together.

My groups tightened up, my shots got much more quite without a doubt, it also allows a very comfortable anchor point you didn't know you needed. It also allows more light in your eye lengthening your effective shooting time. I shoot it with a single pin adjustable HHA and I'm accurate out to 80 yards with zero issues.

Like I said, an expensive option, but its worth the $100 2 or even 3 times over. I'm a believer. I hardly have to check it now, but in in-opportune positions, its wonderful to know I'm not torquing my bow or off in any way. I will smile at responses negatively hating on the design and what it does or does not do for you. I use it, trust it and can't find one thing wrong with the design. Obviously the cost is the only real hurdle for me and many others but that's over now. Consider it an investment. Good luck!
      That's interesting. I've never seen that before. I'd be interested to see a thread on this with pics of your setup and everything.

Comment

I shot a tubing peep.

In the 90's!

Comment

You can fix it yourself....NOT HARD to do.

Comment

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post
            You can fix it yourself....NOT HARD to do.

I've done it countless times without a press. 2 screw drivers that were wrapped with electrician tape.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
              I shot a tubing peep.

In the 90's!

I had to let down on a big buck because my dang peep twisted at the worst possible time in the.......

Oh....wait.....

That NEVER happened to me.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

Just had a thought.....

Since I use a peep aligner from way back when, does that mean I can start posting on the trad side now?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  I had to let down on a big buck because my dang peep twisted at the worst possible time in the.......

Oh....wait.....

That NEVER happened to me.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Just had a thought.....

Since I use a peep aligner from way back when, does that mean I can start posting on the trad side now?

You know I was pickin at you!!!

Comment

I know, brother. You know I'm messin' with you right back, right?

Comment

Loosen the D loop and move it directly in line with the peep. Then stick a pair of needle nose inside the d loop and open the needle nose to tighten the d loop back on the string and when you pull back the peep will follow.

Comment

I know, brother. You know I'm messin' with you right back, right?

Yeah lol. I shot em for years. Till my tune broke at the cable where it was tied while I was practicing. Popped me right square in the eyeball. No eyelid or nada. Nuthin but net!!! I do not and have not ever had peep rotation problems with Vapor Trails. Or never did with Winners Choice. That's why I just stick with VT's now.

Comment

That's interesting. I've never seen that before. I'd be interested to see a thread on this with pics of your setup and everything.
                          I'd be happy to. I'll be shooting my bow this weekend out at Greystone Castle for a Saftey event I'll be part of for the kiddos. I'll take a few pictures and post up a thread when I get some down time. Hopefully it helps somebody out there.

Comment

If you have a string silencer above your peep that is inside your string you can slide it up and down to get your peep to turn!

Comment

Working...
                            X