Bear Motive 7 String Blew Up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear Motive 7 String Blew Up!!!

Ok I need some advice from the experts out there. I'm not a bow aficionado by any means. I bought a 2013 Motive 7 last year. Probably less than 150 arrows down the pipe. I also store it in my bedroom (wife loves that!) so it isn't exposed to the heat and humidity. I was shooting today and the wrapping that anchors the string to the cam came apart when I released an arrow. I've seen that this has occurred on these bows on some other forums, so it's a known problem. I really like the bow but I really don't want to take another string to the face. Luckily I only had a red mark. I contacted Bear tonight to see what they have to say. Should I be concerned about this happening again? Next time the ole bull whip to the face could be worse. Now it's inside of a week before bow season too and my bow is down. I don't really want to buy a new bow, but should I cut my losses and go get a new one?

Ok your taking about serving string I assume ,correct ? not cam ? Ok if its the string..Nah ya should be good ..depending on what Bear Co. Says ? If ya need to buy NEW strings and cable ..GO Vapor Trails ya will have ur string by Wednesday if ya order Monday I promise ....good luck and dat red marks shows Character..

Comment

Originally posted by caa4612 View Post
      Ok I need some advice from the experts out there. I'm not a bow aficionado by any means. I bought a 2013 Motive 7 last year. Probably less than 150 arrows down the pipe. I also store it in my bedroom (wife loves that!) so it isn't exposed to the heat and humidity. I was shooting today and the wrapping that anchors the string to the cam came apart when I released an arrow. I've seen that this has occurred on these bows on some other forums, so it's a known problem. I really like the bow but I really don't want to take another string to the face. Luckily I only had a red mark. I contacted Bear tonight to see what they have to say. Should I be concerned about this happening again? Next time the ole bull whip to the face could be worse. Now it's inside of a week before bow season too and my bow is down. I don't really want to buy a new bow, but should I cut my losses and go get a new one?

Pics??

Comment

Yes, it's the serving string. Just came apart. If the Vapor Trails are that much better I may just get them anyway. From some of the stuff I've read Bear has replaced the cams too. It'll be interesting to see what they say.

Comment

For the price and NO peep rotation ya can't go wrong and ya get to pick two color ..not that ur worried about that right now...but..keep us posted with outcome

Comment

Comment

Dang that's your actual string that busted. That's nowayno right there. Glad your ok. Is be seeing what bear has to say for sure.

Comment

i think its the goofy post on the cam myself.

Comment

I heard back from Bear, and I'm not really happy with the response. They said to take it to the nearest dealer and let them know I need a replacement ASAP. The dealer should then contact Bear and Bear would ship them out quickly. Well, the problem there is their main dealer in my area is Gander Mountain, and I try to stay away from that place as much as possible. I've never heard anything good about their bow shop. I like the guys at Bowzone, but they aren't a dealer. Not really sure what I should do.

Comment

Run it by Ganger ASAP and hear what they have to say

Comment

Dude go Vapor Trails and get the headache over with...you coulda had string and cable Wednesday ....still not to late or worth the Hassle .hope it works out for ya ..hit me up if ya have ? About Vapor....

Comment

I heard back from Bear, and I'm not really happy with the response. They said to take it to the nearest dealer and let them know I need a replacement ASAP. The dealer should then contact Bear and Bear would ship them out quickly. Well, the problem there is their main dealer in my area is Gander Mountain, and I try to stay away from that place as much as possible. I've never heard anything good about their bow shop. I like the guys at Bowzone, but they aren't a dealer. Not really sure what I should do.
                        Appears there is a sharp edge on the string post that cut the loop.
                        A fingernail file and new string should remedy this.

Comment

Well I took my bow to the bow shop today. Bear is shipping out the parts today and will be here by Thursday. I'll be ready to go this weekend! I can now say, as I have read, Bear came though and got it taken care of. Excellent service!

Comment

Working...
                          X