Refletching arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refletching arrows

Got a bunch of torn up arrow fetching, here is my question.

How after scraping do you get all the glue reside off for a smooth surface??

I was thinking acetone.

What say you.

Copper scouring pad will take that old glue right off.
    Attached Files

Comment

I use a wood scraper. The scouring pad will work. Use the acetone to clean before fletching. I sometimes will use steel wool OOO or OOOO to get the shafts even more smooth. Use commercial grade acetone---Depot sells by quart. Do not use nail polish remover...has significant impurities which will inhibit good adhesion of the fletching.
      Roy

Comment

91% alcohol and steel wool.

Comment

I use a tool called a zip strip. It is designed for this very thing. Cost you under ten bucks.

Comment

Got a zip strip, gonna get me some acetone clean them up and make them new, thanks folks for the info.

Comment

The green scrubby pads do less damage to the finish of your arrows than steel wool will do. Just takes a little longer to get them scrubbed down.

Comment

denatured alcohol works

Comment

Use Strypeze furniture stripper to get a new carbon clean shaft, then wipe with acetone, followed by denatured alcohol to remove all residue.

Comment

Use a zip strip myself. It gets it all off very easily without having to worry about damaging your arrow

Comment

fine grit sandpaper works..dont rub tooo much..

Comment

Working...
                      X