San angelo youth anterless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San angelo youth anterless

Anyone else here for the hunt this weekend? We are the only camper in the park but i know a few got the cabins.

How was the hunt? My cousin and I will be there for the antlerless hunt in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter_shane View Post
      How was the hunt? My cousin and I will be there for the antlerless hunt in a couple of weeks.
      Unfortunately didnt go our way. At the range he was lights out. But at the hunt he shot 2 and we lost them both. Watched them both run off and bed but couldnt find them an hour later. Neither bedding spot had blood. One spot i found very few drops for 20 yards. The other i found 3 drops on 2 leaves and that was it. I managed a ranch and shot over 350 whitetail and never lost one with this set up so i was a bit dissapointed.
      I dont know of the gun got knocked off or what. Was upset we injured 2 animals.
      That was our end. I know the first night sounded like world war 3 but mostly javelinas at the weigh station.
      Sunday morning 7 shots i think is what we heard. And only 3 shots and very few people sunday night.
      This is our second hunt there and jarrett the guy who puts it on and his guys put in alot of work to make it easy for the youth. If it doesnt go the way ours did its a great confidence booster for the kids. Its a high success hunt.

We do have a anterless hunt at Buffalo lake in 2 weeks he won as well. Statistics show its a low success hunt but ive got to get him on the range and find out what happened.

Comment

Working...
      X