Nosy people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nosy people

So with the rain we had last night and the rain coming I decided to burn my brush pile behind my house. I have lived here 4 years and burn at least 3 times a year. I light the fire and walk to my house(about 60 yards to put up my gas can and when I return there is a guy standing by my pond near the fire. I ask him if I can help him and is on the phone with 911 reporting an uncontrolled burn. I talk to the dispatch and tell them the situation and that it is under control. He proceeds to tell me what his idea of a controlled burn is and I tell him I don’t care. He exclaimed that his house is only two houses away and I explained that it was up wind and in no danger. Then I told him to get off my property and since I am a peace officer I have him a trespass warning and told him he would be arrested if he came back on my property. Then he wanted to make it out like I was unreasonable. I tolerate a lot of stuff, but don’t come on my property and tell me what I need to do!

Rant Over thanks for listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll listen to anyone that has big ole flatheads on their tail gate. Hope he starts minding his own business. But in the event he doesn’t……..

Comment

When I moved in here, way out in the country, if I burned some brush or trash the farmer would come, sit and watch.
      Can't says I blame him, a city boy moving in and burning close to his pasture. He was nice about it.

I always had a water hose, mowed around it before burning and paid attention to it.

He finally came to trust me and then he let me hunt on his pasture.
      Sometimes nosy people ain't so bad.

Good you was a peace officer was able to "fight" back.

Comment

Gotta love folks

Comment

Nosey Folk

Sounds like a real Richard.

Comment

That’s awesome. I’m so tired of people like that.

Comment

Wow. You handled it very well.

Comment

Well, he sure wouldn’t like it when I burn. I usually have a big ole pile and the flames are almost tree top tall.

Comment

Scott he is either stupid or Brain-damaged you my friend are a big old boy and
                  I would not want to try to talk trash to you on your property or not

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                    When I moved in here, way out in the country, if I burned some brush or trash the farmer would come, sit and watch.
                    Can't says I blame him, a city boy moving in and burning close to his pasture. He was nice about it.

I always had a water hose, mowed around it before burning and paid attention to it.

He finally came to trust me and then he let me hunt on his pasture.
                    Sometimes nosy people ain't so bad.

Good you was a peace officer was able to "fight" back.

You would make a good neighbor.

Comment

I got suspended from Catholic grade school for lighting matches. Dang nun just couldn’t mind her own business.
                      Last edited by Fishndude; 10-13-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Coulda just pushed him in the burn pile and solved the problem permanently

Comment

Good job on the busy body!

Comment

I’ve stopped by people burning brush piles in my area and country subdivisions I built, Pulled out a bag chair and some beers and sat and watched. Yes I shared the beers. I Just never want to let a good fire go to waste.

Comment

Should have gave him a rake and told him to keep the coals pushed in.

Comment

Working...
                              X