• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tight belly. long face. 3

Comment

Comment

Hill Country 10 age

Few recents of him. He’s being pretty consistent at the feeders. Hope he keeps that up and stays in this area like he had been and next year he may be more of a target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where in Gillespie County are you hunting. Looks similar to my old lease

Comment

I think hes 3.5 last year, 4.5 this year. definitely good genetics in him

Comment

Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
              Where in Gillespie County are you hunting. Looks similar to my old lease
              Same looks like the same place/area I am on for last few years. PM if needed

Comment

Initial pictures aren’t the best but pretty sure this is him this year. Looks like he may not have done much if not regressed a bit.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My question now is…is he 5 or was he 2 in the 2019 pics and now he’s just 4?

I want to lean more towards a 5
                  Year old. From the rest of the herd what I’m seeing is a decent jump from 3-4 rather than 2-3. I honestly did not expect for him to taper off though.

Body wise he’s definitely one of the healthier bucks in the pasture though.

Comment

I think he's the same buck. Sometimes they regress for no apparent reason. The buck I shot last year was an 8 after a main frame 11 the year before. I think the buck is mature and would bust him.

Comment

I always felt like hill country deer tended to look younger than they actually were, which I attributed to their smaller body sizes.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he is 5.5.

Comment

They’re definitely tougher to read than some places. I feel like I’ve gotten better with it than 5-6 years ago but I still question myself occasionally.

Comment

4-5. Nice deer!

Comment

just to be different, I say 4.25!

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                              4-5. Nice deer!
                              Did you happen to see the previous season pictures. I bumped this thread from last season, now have 3 years worth of pictures of him.

Comment

nice deer

Comment

Working...
                                X