X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
    Beretta or Browning
    He said middle of the road. LOL

If youre able to spend Browning and Beretta Money. I would highly recommend you looking at Rizzinni

Nothing wrong with Beretta or Browning but there are similar if not better quality for less money.

Also I have had a Franchi 20 O/U for ~15 years now. It has been rode hard and put up wet. I think the sticker on it back then was $800 or $900. I got a deal on it and Paid $450. It has been a great gun. I put some briley chokes in it and have never looked back.

Comment

Is stoeger a good brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You need to handle some guns. See what fits you. A cheap gun that doesn’t fit ain’t worth nothing. Seriously, shoulder as many as you can.

Comment

The new remake of the Winchester 101 is a lot of gun for the money. The action is proven and the fit is good for most people. I shot a 101 most of my life and recently shot one of the new remakes and was very impressed. You should be able to find one for what you are looking.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
            Is stoeger a good brand?
            They are one of the cheapest guns you can get, the looks, feel and quality reflect that. I'm sure some have them and work fine. Their 2 trigger doubles are fairly problem free, the single triggers not so much per many reviews. I wouldn't roll the dice on one personally.

Comment

ou need to handle some guns. See what fits you. A cheap gun that doesn’t fit ain’t worth nothing. Seriously, shoulder as many as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                Anybody that recoil sensitive they can't shoot a 100 rounds from stack barrel should probably just quit and start wearing Daisey Dukes.

OP, I failed to remember about ATA shotguns. I looked at them hard at NCSA nationals. Coles deals in them and said parts from beretta are the same.

Comment

I've got a few super nice hand me down guns that I never shoot. My yilidz sees the most time in the field honestly. I have a limb-saver recoil pad and shoots great for me.

Comment

Get a Franchi Instinct, they are made in Italy and owned by Beretta & Benelli. i shoot with a 20 ga. but if its going to be your main gun, i would get a 12 ga. right now it should run you about 1500, which is about 500 to 1000 cheaper than a Beretta or Browning.

Comment

Chalk up another for Franchi Instinct. Love mine in 12 GA. Don’t pay attention to the kick so it must not be much. Nice pad on it already but after 10 years that is starting to crumble. Need to replace soon. Shoot everything with it. Lighter than a lot of O/U I’ve shot but didn’t get the SL because concerned it would kick more due to reduced weight.
                      Color case hardening makes it look more expensive than it is. Was $800 when I bought it but would by again at $1000-$1200.
                      Fits me perfect. I am 5’10” 175 with 33 inch sleeves if that helps with fit.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                        Is stoeger a good brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        A guy at work just bought a Stoeger Condor Competition for a recent dove hunt. Chose it because it was heavier and 30 inch barrels. Its only been 2 weeks and I only shot it a dozen times, but it shouldered and pointed well for me. He shot about a case of shells through it the weekend, birds and skeet, and no issues. Still early though.

Comment

i have different shotguns for different applications. My O/U are for clay sports, dove and upland hunting. My semiautos are for ducks and geese (steel shot), turkey (turkey loads), hogs and deer (using slugs). I will also use a pump for turkey and deer as they are lighter than semiautos to carry in the field. The heavier loads go typically in the semiautos as the felt recoil is less.

Look for used Browning, Beretta, SKB or Franchi O/U.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                            Lol!!

CZ makes a decent sub $1k gun. Otherwise keep your eye on the classifieds.
                            This

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              I guess I am “recoil sensitive!”

…and get in a hurry and hold shotgun a little low to the arm when a big group comes thru.

Shot fine. Kicks like mule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              That looks like 12 year old me after a limit of ducks i killed with my 870 express that i got for Christmas that was too big for me.

I probably had a lot bigger smile on my face though.

Comment

Originally posted by fezo5398 View Post
                                Get a Franchi Instinct, they are made in Italy and owned by Beretta & Benelli. i shoot with a 20 ga. but if its going to be your main gun, i would get a 12 ga. right now it should run you about 1500, which is about 500 to 1000 cheaper than a Beretta or Browning.
                                I second this. I have a 20 and love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X