Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > It's All About the Video

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2018, 03:21 PM   #1
lglidewell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco & Burleson County
Default What video device y'all using?

I'm not trying to produce 4k high res video's or anything, but I'd like to buy a budget friendly (with app) camera to place on a tpost or feeder pen leg to video animals and shots while I'm in the blind(s). What I'm currently looking at purchasing is the Reolink Argus 2 that would allow me to utilize an app for real time video and has the capability of motion detect auto recording. It also could be used in a variety of other applications for home/work/portable security. I wouldn't be connecting it to my home wireless network or anything so it'd be used almost strictly with a Bluetooth connection while in stand or used as a standalone video recorder with its onboard memory.

For roughly $175, I could get the wireless camera, a few different mounts, a solar charger (if even needed) and a camo skin for it...

https://reolink.com/product/argus-2/

Anyone have it or used anything similar? I really wouldn't mind a GoPro, but don't feel like dropping that much cash for something I may not get all into. However, it would be nice to use it with some thermal and nv setups...
lglidewell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top