new bow shooting left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new bow shooting left

Thanks so much for the input on previous posts. Regarding my new Bob Lee bow, I put calf hair on limbs & found the sweet spot (8 1/4") on brace height.

At times the groups with the new bow have been fantastic but even though groups are great, they are consistently to the left. Nice thing about my Satori is that it has an adjustable shelf where you can add or reduce spacers to get it center shot. QUESTION, since I am shooting left handed, how do I get the shelf adjusted so I'm shooting center? I could just adjust my aim more to the right but I don't think that is a good option. Bow currently has typical Bob Lee leather on rest & fuzzy shelf material.

Thanks for all your help.

Thicken the strike plate material, or place something behind it to stand the arrow out a little more.

Play with different thicknesses, and you'll find the one that's just right

Rick

Comment

Like Rick said, stick a toothpick behind the strike plate and see what it does. It should improve impact, then you can find something to match that thickness or just stay with the toothpick to build out the strike plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This used to me my issue, until I figured out it was just me collapsing on my shot!

Comment

Or you can cant the bow.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Suggestion: put your arrow on your string/bow. Lean bow on an object/wall/table where the arrow isn't touching anything. Line up the string with the center of the limbs. Look and make sure the outside of the string is visually touching the inside edge of tip of the arrow. Assuming your arrow spine is correct, you make a good shot without plucking the string, the only other thing would be 'head alignment'. If shooting left move string blur toward the arrow impact, by moving your head. At full draw look for the blur of the string. You can move it by moving your head. Once you find the sweet spot the arrow will be golden.

Comment

When that happens to me it is because my fingertips on the bow hand are touching the back of the grip. It doesn't take much to throw things off a couple of inches. Loosen my grip, all is well.

Comment

When this happens to me I aim more right. [emoji23]

Comment

I am certainly not the guy to answer this question with any confidence but I will share my experience. I picked up a Black Widow rabbit fur tab from Gateway Archery in Fort Worth when I started this fiasco that I call practice. It was thinner than I liked but it was all that I had. I ordered a 3pk of thicker leather tabs and when they got in I immediately started grouping 6-8" left. I shot for a week and just nearly lost all of my confidence. I went back to my old tab and my groups immediately centered back up. I have absolutely no where near enough experience shooting to tell you the "why's" behind this, but I can go home right now and pick those tabs up and I will be shooting 6-8" left.

Comment

Does either of the tabs extend past your finger tips where it affects your anchor point?

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                      Thicken the strike plate material, or place something behind it to stand the arrow out a little more.

Play with different thicknesses, and you'll find the one that's just right

Rick
                      Been trying to wrap my head around this. Why would a thicker strike plate make an arrow impact more to the right?

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                        Been trying to wrap my head around this. Why would a thicker strike plate make an arrow impact more to the right?
                        Cause he's a left handed shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Cause he's a left handed shooter.

I should read closer. Thanks.

Comment

Just a follow up post. Toothpick worked ok but a wooden match trimmed just a hair turned out to be perfect. Thanks for all the input from everyone!

Comment

Glad you got it worked out!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X