• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So there is still hope for my stolen .40

Comment

That's great

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am glad you got it back. That’s a long ways. I wonder what it else it was involved in this whole time. I reported a nickel Jennings .22 stolen when I was 14. I knew who did it but nothing came up. I still have the magazine as I kept them separate. The **** stole a gun without all its parts[emoji38].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wonder how many people were killed with your pistol in Chicago.

Comment

Congratulations. I just got my stolen truck back and I’m like a pig in poo right now. I imagine you’re pretty excited too!

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
              Wow! I didn’t know pistols could grow legs! Jk
              Obviously you are too ignorant to understand guns.

If the can shoot and commit crimes on their own, you don’t think they have enough sense to walk away?

Some people……

(this emoji because someone won’t understand sarcasm)

Comment

In about 1987 I was on night shift and recovered a revolver that came back as stolen from Detroit, MI.

Comment

I feel sorry for the guy in Chicago. Goes through all the background checks, pays the I own a gun tax only to have it taken from him when he registers the gun. Poor fella.

I had one stolen about 25yrs ago, I’ve given up.

Comment

Originally posted by kp143631 View Post
                    To make a long story short I had my truck broke into back in Dec. of 2015 at my house along with several other people in the neighborhood. Several break-ins where caught on camera but no one was ever arrested. I got a phone call last week from the Sheriff’s office asking me if I wanted my gun back. Obviously I said yes then I asked where it was recovered and he said Chicago Illinois. Crazy that it traveled from Diana TX to Illinois but I guess since you can’t purchase Guns in Chicago it makes sense. The gun is in excellent condition but does need to be cleaned up.
                    I had a 9MM S&W stolen from a home burglary in Houston many years ago. It was found maybe 5 years late in a drug bust in San Antonio. Detectives said it was pretty dirty and they tried to file the serial number off but if I wanted it back I'd have to go through my insurance company since they had paid for the loss. Insurance company wanted me to pay back the full amount they had paid for gun that was now no where worth the same value. I let them keep it.

Different story, BIL in Nevada had an AR15 stolen. It was recovered in Houston. Detective called him, said they had it, but he was retiring in two weeks and if BIL could pick it up before the detective's retirement it would be a lot easier process. After some discussion, they agreed to release it to me and all turned out well!

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                      They must be mistaken, guns are illegal in Chicago... [emoji6]

Congrats on getting it returned to you.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                      that's their argument for NATION WIDE gun control; so they can't grow legs.

I guess they don't think about enforcing Federal Crime until a Repu............, never mind.

BTW; congratulations. I told the police who stole mine(in a round about way) and they did nothing..

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        I would assume Chicago would test fire and enter the case in brass Trax prior to returning it. At least thats how most agencies in Texas do it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                          Seeing the stats for Chicago, it’s a safe bet many were injured but not killed. Must be something about holding it sideways. Pew pew pew on the run.

Comment

I got a 30-30 back that was stolen back in '84. Around 2010 I got the call it had been found and was thrown out of a drug running truck that was running from Border Control in the valley. It's had some scuffs but still usable.

Comment

Lost a 25-06 in 2009 and this gives me hope I will get it back.

Comment

Im suprised that Chicago actually... gave it back. As in im suprised they didnt just destroy it and in their mind get one more gun out of commission.

Comment

Working...
                                X